Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Tourist Visa - Evisa for Turkey

edited September 2016 in - Turkey
Hello

I have B1/B2 US visa , valid until 2020

Nationality : Indian

Residence: Canada

I read E- Visa requirements , it states Holding visa for USA & other European countries.

My question : I have visa B1/B2 US stamped on old passport , I renewed my passport.

Can I still get E- visa ?

Comments

• Turkey tourist E visa
  • edited September 2016
    @mozak
    The B1/B2 US visa is still valid you simply travel with your old and new passports. I see no reason why you cant apply for a Turkish e visa.

On the Evisa site it states:

Q. What are the criteria for the validity of my supporting document (visa or residence permit from Schengen or from US, UK and Ireland)?

A. The only requirement for your visa/residence permit to be used as a supporting document is that it should be still valid (by date) by the time you enter Turkey. Previously used or unused single-entry visas are accepted as long as their validity date covers your entry date to Turkey. Please note that e-Visas of other countries are not accepted as a supporting document.
  • Merci

Thanks

I reached out Turkish embassy, even they can't answer this question.
  • @mozak
    Turkish embassies do not issue e visas thats why they could not answer you. If you went on the E visa website you would find the answer to your questions.
  • thank you... really appreciate our help.
  • Is it safe to travel to Turkey at this time ?

• edited October 2016
    @mozak
    Its ok to travel to Turkey, its no more dangerous than being in Europe. I am travelling to Istanbul at the end of the month.
  • Oh thanks a lot alethia

Inshaallah will be travelling same time :smile: