Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Schengen Visa Required if I already have UK Visa?

edited September 2016 in - India
Hey there i am an India and i have a UK Visa Tier 5 Charity visa, which is for 1 year valid from 12/09/2016 till 12/09/2017...
but i want to visit my friend in Germany for 1 week during the holidays i have in UK and after that again come back to UK ....
So please help me
do i need another visa ?
and even if i need another visa which is know as 'Schengen' visa... so if i have to get this visa than do i have to cancel my UK visa... Also i have a
Bio-metric card with me which is known as a Residential Permit...

So please help me

Thank you
God bless


  • @Hussain_Bubu288
    Of course you dont have to cancel your UK visa or your residence permit if you apply for a Schengen visa.

    Go to this site and it will tell you what you need to know on how to apply for a Schengen visa from the UK.

    If you are staying with friends/relatives, they must complete the form from their local "Ordunungsamt" (Municipal Office) and you give this plus a copy of their ID and Passport,
    with your applicant.
    You will need at least 45Euro a day to spend and a return airticket as well as your bank statements , proof of your charity work in the form of a letter from the charity.
Sign In or Register to comment.