Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Where to get married? Turkish boyfriend.

edited October 2016 in Europe
hello, I am a european citizen, my boyfriend is turkish citizen, we are together almost 1 year and we want to get married. we want to move to europe later as well. can we get married in turkey or it should be in my country in Europe? If we want to move to uk what will he need to do? I do not need visa to uk, I am from schengen country so I wonder what situation would be with him.


  • @den
    Because of the problems with visas Europeans usually marry in Turkey. If you want to live in the UK after your marriage, you make an online visa application for your Turkish husband as the dependent of an EEA national to the British Embassy (there are several Embassy offices in Turkey) Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, Gaziantep, Antalya and Adana.
    There is no fee for this visa.

    You need to show that you are already living and working in the UK as you need to provide payslips and bank statements . If you study in the UK you will need proof of your studies and health insurance.

    I must warn you that the UK voted on 23 June 2016 to leave the EU so things will change in the future.
Sign In or Register to comment.