Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Italy tourist visa refusal

Hello
I recently applied for Italy tourist visa along with my wife and daughter. I have obtained Italy visa 4 times in past , although this was the first time for my wife and my daughter. All my family request was refused to my complete dismay. I wasn't expecting a refusal as I have traveled to UK, USA, Italy, Thailand and Dubai a few times. I have never over stayed or anything .

Reason for refusal on letter is No. 2 and No. 8 " Justification for the purpose and condition for intended stay was not provided" & No.8 " The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and condition of the intended stay was not reliable" . I am just not sure what all this mean as there is no detail provided .

I attached some property documents in my name, my bank statement, hotel booking from booking.com, flight tickets, insurance. This is the same set of documents I have previously attached with all my application and was always given visas.

My refusal Says " An appeal can be brought against this decision directly at T.A.R at the Latium Region, through a lawyer" .
I have few questions

1. I would like to know how often appealing is successful and any fruitful. ?
2. How long does it usually take for an appeal to reach a decision ?
3. What is the court fee and what is the usual lawyer fee ?
4. I have heard courts can take sometime from months to years to reach a decision .
5. Shall I appeal or Shall i re-apply ?
6. What if I apply for Spain ? will Spain consulate also know that my visa for Italy was refused ? does it have any negative effect ?

Any information and feedback are highly encouraging and I will be highly indebted. Please share your opinion.

Thanks

Comments

• @shani908
    1. Appealing is a long drawn out process and rarely fruitful
    2. There is no time frame for the processing of appeals
    3. You will need to hire an Italian lawyer which will be very expensive
    4. You need to reapply
    5. Unless you have changed your trip completly applying to Spain will not help you. "visa shopping" where you go to other embassies is frowned upon and your visa will be refused.

There are nine legal reasons to refuse a visa

Reason No2 is "Justification for the purpose and condition for intended stay was not provided"
    It means the decision-maker has concluded that the application contains serious problems such as:-

• The documents submitted could not ascertain your purpose of stay or
    the relevant documents were not submitted.
    • The existence of a family relationship was not substantiated with adequate
    documentary evidence
    • The requested duration of stay is not consistent with any leave entitlements.
    • The previous visas granted on the invitation of the same host have not been used to
    enter the country issueing the visa,
    • The flight and hotel reservation submitted has been canceled in the meantime.

Reason No8. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of theintended stay was not reliable.
    This means you have made contradictory statements on the purpose of stay

Reason No 9 is usually used in conjunction with these refusals
    "Your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa applied for could not be ascertained."

• Dear Alethia ..

Thanks for replying .. on my refusal I am only checked on No.2 and No. 8. However I dont think I have missed any details .. I gave them all the details and my bookings were not cancelled. They were made on booking.com by my Travel Agent. i am a businessman and I applied without any host invitation. I was not given any interview or called for any extra documents. i am from Pakistan and i have heard nowadays they are refusing too many people due to syrian immigration etc ..

Could you help me with following questions please .

1, "Appealing is a long dram process" by saing long what time are we looking at extacly ? 12 minths ? 18 ?
    2. Average cost of italian lawyer ? I have spoekn to a lawyer online he was asking 1500 euros .. is that a fair amount ?
    He told me it take normally 3 months. Is it right ?
    3. What if ai apply for spain visa ? I dont have to go to Italy as a must . ipI was thinking if I should go to spain for 15 days and then days to France .? Will my refusal have any effect there ?

Please Suggest.. thanks
  • edited October 2016
    @shani908, I'm sure Alethia will get back to you to answer your questions - and she is very knowledgeable on this stuff - but just to back up what she said before, appealing is often an expensive waste of time. Visa shopping is not a good idea either (visa shopping means moving from country to country trying to get a Schengen visa - which raises a red flag with them). Your best bet is probably to re-apply to the same embassy with a fresh application and add anything you can think of to strengthen it. You have mentioned including some of the most important documents - did you include a letter from your employer confirming your position, salary and the exact leave dates you have been granted for the trip?

Unfortunately it is possible that your nationality is part of the reason you were refused.
  • @shani908
    I repeat, under Schengen Law there is no set time frame for processing appeals that is a fact .
    The lawyers fee for the appeal of a family sounds fair, after all there are three of you not one.
    Ella Johnson has given you very good advice and I repeat again that unless you have changed your trip completly applying to Spain will not help you. "visa shopping" where you go to other embassies is frowned upon and your visa will be refused. Visiting Spain outside the tourist season May to October is suspect.

You have no right to a visa from any country and the Schengen zone can refuse you.
    Its not just because of the Syrian conflict there are many nationalities even Pakistanis (mostly males) who have illegally entered mainland Europe.
    I do not know if you keep up to date with foreign affairs but there is a high level of anti immigrant / anti Islam in mainland Europe right now and many visa applications are being refused.