Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Bringing wife from Germany to UK

edited October 2016 in Europe
Good morning Alethia i hope you well in best health
I am asking on behalf of my brother
My brother is a british national he brought his wife from Afghanistan to germany he has been living and working there for the last 4 months now he is planing to come here to UK his questions are
1.Do i need to be working in the uk before i apply for my wife visa to come to uk.
2.what document do i need to apply for my wife uk visa.
3.when my wife comes to uk when she applies for indefinite visa or british passport In the future doese she need to pass the english test.
Best regards


  • @Asif
    Your brother needs to apply to bring his wife on the Surinder Singh route.
    This is a complex route and cant be done on this forum you meed expert legal advice.
    The lady does not need an English test to enter the UK but she will need to learn English for Indefinite leave to remain.
Sign In or Register to comment.