Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Tier 4 General Visa from Dhaka, Bangladesh

Hello Everyone.

I have been a silent reader of this forum for a long time. I want to thank you guys for keeping up the good work and helping everyone as a pro bono. As like everyone I am posting my query here. I hope learned like Alethia mam and others will help me.

I'm an international student from Bangladesh who recently applied for UK Tier 4 Visa. I was successful with my visa application and got my passport back after the last date of enrollment of my UK University. I have informed my university that I got my visa and if I will be allowed a late entry to which they said no but they have given me a new CAS letter to join the January 2017 intake.

In the above mentioned scenario, can you guys help me out what documents do I need to submit and what is percentage rate of securing a visa.

I am waiting for your kind reply anxiously as January is approaching very fast.

Respects.

Comments

• @Arif94
    You need to reapply in exactly the same way as you applied for tbe first visa.
    You must give an explanation to the British Home Office with a letter from the University explaining why they refused to take you in 2016.
  • @Alethia

Hello Mam.

As per your advice I have requested the University to provide me with a letter explaining why they refused to take me in 2016 to which they replied they already informed the UKVI and the reason is also mentioned in the new CAS for January 2017 intake.

As you have said, I must give an explanation to the British High Commission, will you please kindly tell me how to submit the explanation...is it by addressing a letter for the ECO or in the credibility interview?

Thank you once again mam.

• @Arif94
    You put a covering letter with the application and it can be discussed at interview.
  • @Alethia

Hello Mam...

Hope you are fine and in good health...

I am submitting my application on Monday...

My agent who filled up my application made an error on the section mentioned below :

HAVE YOU BEEN ISSUED ANY VISA FOR THE UK, UK OVERSEAS TERRITORIES OR COMMONWEALTH COUNTRY IN THE LAST 10 YEARS?

He mentioned my visit to Australia but didn't put my visit to Malaysia and India but mentioned all my travel history in the HAVE YOU EVER TRAVELLED OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, EXCLUDING THE UK, IN THE LAST 10 YEARS section?.

He already submitted my application and already paid for my IHS charge.

Kindly please suggest what can I do now to avoid this error...

Thank you...
  • edited December 2016
    @Arif94
    I really do not see the problem. Australia is a commonwealth country.
    So is India and Malaysia but a visa for Australia carries more weight than a visa to India or Malaysia.
    This is not a major problem The main thing is the evidence of your travels is in your passport.
    Stop worrying this is not the big problem you made it to be
  • @Alethia

hello mam...

thank you for your valuable reply...

just a last query before I submit my application tomorrow...

as you know previously I was granted visa but due to late delivery of passport I could't travel and this statement is mentioned in my CAS letter...

now the query is, can I highlight these lines with a highlighter pern...?

thank you once again mam...

regards
  • @Arif94
    Please do not highlight these lines as you could be seen to be altering or defacing the CAS letter.
    You could mention it in a short cover letter
  • @Alethia

Thank you mam for all the valuable suggestions...

I've submitted my application today...so let's hope for the best...

Once again...thank you from deep of my heart mam :smile:
  • @Arif94
    You most welcome. Please let us know the outcome of your application. All the best.
  • @Alethia

Hello Mam...

Happy New Year 2017...

I submitted my visa application on 19th Dec 2016. As per that days Oanda rate 9135 GBP was equivalent to BDT 907,790...

I have set aside 1,200,000 BDT for my maintenance.

Now my query is can I withdraw 200,000 BDT from my bank account?

Hope to hear from you soon mam.

and once again happy new year...

regards...
  • @Arif94
    I always advise my clients to leave the money in the bank account in case the British visa caseworker checks with your bank to verify the funds. The Home Office regularly carry oit spot checks.
    However if you really nerd to remove the funds
    Then you have no choice.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year and may 2017 bring you success and happiness
  • Thank you mam for your reply...

I don't want to withdraw the full amount...I will keep 9135 GBP amounting BDT in my account...

The 200,000 is extra which i kept to face the pound fluctuation...

Will it be a problem if i withdraw that extra fund...?

Thank you mam...
  • @Alethia

Thank you mam for your reply...

I don't want to withdraw the full amount...I will keep 9135 GBP amounting BDT in my account...

The 200,000 is extra which i kept to face the pound fluctuation...

Will it be a problem if i withdraw that extra fund...?

Thank you mam...
  • @Arif94
    Now you have explained fully there is no reason why you cannot withdraw the surplus funds.
  • @Alethia

Hello Mam...

At first accept my apologization for not being able to write up the whole scenario in full at first instance...

Once again thank you for your helps mam...

I'm expecting a result from the BHC this week...let's hope for the best...

I will update as soon I get a result...

:smile:

• edited January 11
    @Alethia

Hello Mam...

I had my second interview yesterday...

I was asked by the ECO how long is my course to which I said 4 years though I have mentioned the exact date as per my CAS letter...after returning home I calculated the total duration and found that it's for 3 years and 5 months 26 days...

Now my question is, will this lead to refusal of my application...?

thank you...
  • Hi Arif
    I dont think this will affect your applicatiom as most degree courses are either three or four years. No one calculates them exactly for courses of study are academic years .
    In the CAS letter and other documents from the university the course I am sure is stated as four years.
  • @Alethia

Hello Mam,

Today I received mail from VFS to collect my documents...

just a bit worried about the outcome...so want to request you for an answer regarding one of my query...

as per my little knowledge, I know IHS is refunded if ur visa application is refused...so my query is; is it refunded immediately or it takes time as I am afraid about the outcome of my application?

thank you mam...

regards//
  • @Arif94
    Just go and collect your documents stop worrying about the outcone worrying never changed anything.
    If you are refused the IHS is refunded straight away.
    Good luck and let us know the outcone.
  • @Alethia

Thank you mam for all the help...

I've got my visa :)
  • @Arif94
    Congratulations. Another success story for our forum.
  • @Alethia

Hello Mam.

I booked my flights to london heathrow on 20/1/2017. My passport validity is less than 6 months. Will it be a problem in entry as I am thinking to get a new one from the Bangladesh mission in London. I have already booked the appointment in Bangladesh High Commission in London.

Hope to hear from you soon mam.

Regards.
  • @Arif94
    why did you apply for your visa when you knew you had so little time left on your passport? Why not make a new passport before you applied?
    I really hope you have no problem travelling, its the airlines that give the problem not UK immigration.
  • @Alethia

Yes mam...you're right...

Last night I went to a travel agent in my area and they denied to sell ticket to me as my passport expiry date is less than six months...

So today morning I went to the capital city and visited Emirates head office...they have confirmed that I can travel with this passport but they don't know if UK immigration will allow me to let in...

So the now the query is with the UK immigration body...as you know I have zero knowledge regarding this matters...

Hope to hear from you soon mam...

And once again thank you so so much...

Regards.
  • @ Arif94
    The UK government website below states

You’re not from an EEA country
    You must have a valid passport to enter the UK. It must be valid for the whole of your stay.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/before-you-leave-for-the-uk

You need to get a new passport imediately and travel with the new and old passport
  • @Alethia

Just returned from the capital city mam...

Went to the passport office and requested every single staff...no one can deliver the passport before 15 working days...

All of them are saying to travel with this passport and take a new one from the UK Bangladesh High Commission...

I have showed them the above link you provided but as you know little knowledge is dangerous they kept on interpreting in their own words and said if i submit request tomorrow then they will deliver it after 15 working days...

My visa will expire on 10/2/2017...now mam I want your suggestion regarding this matter as you are a learned in this matters...
  • @Arif94
    Travel with this passport but make sure you have written confirmation that you have an appointment with the UK Bangladesh High Commission. with you when you travel
  • edited January 20
    You have to reapply in the very same route as you connected for tbe first visa. You should give a clarification to the British Home Office with a letter from the University disclosing why they declined to take.
  • @aandftourth
    What are you talking about? Please read the discussion carefully,@arif94 has been granted a visa he does not need to reapply.
    Please do not post random nonsense on the forum
  • @Alethia

Entered UK without any problem mam...

Collected my BRP card...

It states my name, nationality, date of birth, place where i was born, validity, type of permit and remarks...

in the remarks section; it states as follows :

WORK 20HRS MAX IN TERM TIME

what does that mean mam...is it 20hrs everyday, week or month?
  • @Arif94
    Welcome to the UK.
    This are what the remarks mean:

Under the UK immigration rules, you are legally permitted to work with the following restrictions:

1 You can work a maximum of 20 hours paid or unpaid work per WEEK during term time
    2. Full time work is permitted during vacations
    3 No self-employment Including freelance or consultancy work or setting up your own
    business
    4. No work as a professional sports person (including sports coach) or entertainer.

If you need anything or are worried about something send me a private message, you have a friend in the UK.
  • Excellent thread and an excellent outcome for @Arif94.

Congratulations to you, sir. And great work by @Alethia.

Cheers,
    Terry