Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Italy Visa got refused

I applied for Scehngen Visa alongwith my Fiance to have our honeymoon in italy but unfortunately it has been denied.
The letter mentioned the following reason for refusal:
"You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of intended stay or for the return to the country or origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully"
We attached bank statement of last 6 months and salary slips of 3 months.
I would like to know the requirements which will fulfill these conditions.Also, if there is a possibility to re-apply for the visa immediately as we have already purchased the tickets for 28th December 2016 :(
Looking forward to your support.

Comments

• Also, is it likely that they will return the passport before the ticket date even if it is refused. So we can look for some other options. Can we cancel the request.
  • edited December 2016
    @myra
    We tell people all the time on this forum that going to another embassy is frowned upon and is known as visa shopping. Schengen countries share information so unless your plans have changed completely you need to reapply at the Italuan Embassy.
    You need over €50 per day after you have paid for your accomodation.
    Your passport should have been returned with your refusal
  • It is returned but incase i apply again with the documents and it doesnt arrive before our ticket date, can we request them to return our passport?
  • @myra
    They must return your passport and you have every right to request it to be returned