Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Can I apply for Schengen visa from other country after being rejected by another?

I was recently rejected by Bulgarian embassy for a tourist visa and the reason for rejection was "Unclear and unconvincing purpose of travel", I was honest throughout my interview and I am well aware of the mistakes I made and I am not at all against this decision but I highly doubt that the VO will be really down to hearing some explanation if I apply from Bulgarian embassy again, so I've decided to apply for Schengen visa from Latvian embassy instead of applying for a visa specifically for Bulgaria, bottom line is that I want to know if I do everything correct this time, will the Latvian embassy give me a visa or will just reject me cause I was rejected by Bulgarian embassy in the recent past and didn't clear it up with them?

Comments

• All the Schengen countries share visa information on a shared database and "shopping" for a visa to different countries is frowned upon.

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Terry is absolutely correct.
  • So I should just clear it up from Bulgarian embassy? Will they really give me a fair chance or just refuse again cause they recently refused me?
  • You have already been told the answer. Asking the question again does not change the situation.

Visa shopping between countries is looked at very negatively, therefore your best chance is to reapply again, this time with complete and accurate documentation.

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • I talked to my travel agent under whose guidance I was refused visa, he ignored the refusal letter and went ahead to telling me "the reason your visa was rejected cause you applied for 22 days and that's a lot and even if you reapply you'll be rejected again" now as far as my memory serves people are allowed to apply for a max period of 90 days for a tourist visa and I applied for less than ⅓ of that time period, so it would be really helpful if someone could clear it up for me whether the reason stated by my agent is legit or he's just saying anything to get rid of me cause he already ruined my first attempt?
  • "... so it would be really helpful if someone could clear it up for me whether the reason stated by my agent is legit or he's just saying anything to get rid of me cause he already ruined my first attempt?..."

No one here can possibly answer that question. No one here saw your Application or your paperwork so how can anyone have an opinion regarding why you were rejected?

In your Original Post you stated, "... I am well aware of the mistakes I made and I am not at all against this decision..." Is that no longer the case now?

Cheers,
    Terry
  • edited December 2016
    Yes, I was aware, my rejection letter said "the purpose of travel is unclear and unconvincing" and I didn't submit any itinerary, so I prepared a detailed travel itinerary to fix that because I was sure that was the reason but imagine yourself in my shoes, 10 different people telling me 10 different things, I am bound to lose my confidence so yes I could use some help
    PS, for you satisfaction, my documentation was incomplete, it didn't have a travel itinerary, copy of my institution ID, NOC from my parents and well cover letter was really sloppy and interview was even worse cause I was nervous a lot (but I was honest throughout, I did not lie) and I gave many lame replies like

Q. Why did you choose Bulgaria?
    A. It is the best

please I know I'm stupid but it was my first attempt ever I didn't even know I'll have an interview I found out like 5 mins prior to it

I'm reapplying on Monday and I've enclosed all the documents this time, I just want to know if that "a lot of days" thing even a reason cause as far as I know there are 9 clauses with a few sub-clauses in each to reject someone and I don't think that "a lot of days" falls in any of those

Sorry for the long text
  • Good luck. I'm rooting for you.

Cheers,
    Terry