i have some recomend for traveler when travel to Hoi An
1. Where should you visit in Hoi An
- Brigde Pagoda ( Japanese brigde) : The Japanese brigde is a old temple, above is house and under is a brigde so they call is Brigde pagoda, it is symbol of Hoi An, builded in about final 16th century by monger japanese, The entrances to the bridge are guarded by weathered statues: a pair of monkeys on one side, a pair of dogs on the other. According to one story, many of Japan’s emperors were born in the years of the dog and monkey. Another tale says that construction of the bridge started in the year of the monkey and was finished in the year of the dog.
- Phuc Kien Assembly hall: Phuoc Kien Assembly Hall, located at 46 Tran Phu Street, was founded in 1690 and served the largest Chinese ethnic group in Hoi An (the Fujian). It contains the Jinshang golden mountain temple and is dedicated to Thien Hau, the goddess of the sea and protector of the sailors. The pagoda is also a place of gathering for the natives of Phuoc Kien. You must visit this assembly hall to discover an excellent work of architecture, also considered a heritage of historical significance.
Phung Hung ancient house: Essential Information Opening Hours: Mon to Sun: 08.30 am- 6. Pm, Admission Fee Good for: Culture, Family, History, Local Flavour, Add: No 4 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street.The Old House of Phung Hung is one of the most famous architectural buildings in Hoi An, considered cultural heritage of the town. Visit this ancient home in Hoi An and enjoy the old-world charm.
An Bang beach: ust 3km north of Cua Dai, An Bang is one of Vietnam’s most happening and enjoyable beaches. At present there's a wonderful stretch of fine sand and an enormous horizon, with little sign of the serious erosion evident at Cua Dai, and with only the distant Cham Islands interrupting the seaside symmetry. Staying at the beach and visiting Hoi An on day trips is a good strategy for a relaxing visit to the area. At the time of research, there was a growing band of vendors selling souvenirs on the beach, but the scene is still pretty laid-back and low-key.
Tra Que Village: Tra Que Vegetable Village is 3km far from Hoi An old town on the direction of northeast. This land was formed 300 year ago, surrounded by De Vong River and Tra Que Lagoon, so it has very good atmosphere with fresh air... From the village of Tra Que, Vegetables of many kinds have been provided for restaurants, hotels, Hoi An's people as well as for other localities in Quang Nam Province and Da Nang City. Many kinds of organic and sweet smelling herbs have been planting in this area for ages.
Kim Bong Carpentry Village: The carpentry village of Kim Bong belongs to the Cam Kim commune, just on the other side of Hoi An river. Take a boat trip on Thu Bon River to visit Thanh Ha & Kim Bong handicraft Villages. It is very convenient for tourists to visit and collect souvenirs. With the kimbongcarpentry2reputation of Kim Bong carpentry, there were many carpenters organized by the King of the Nguyen dynasty in order to build Hue capital. Among them were awarded the nine and eight grades of mandarin positions, chief wooden statue positions etc.
Thanh Ha Pottery village:The Thanh Ha Pottery Village is located by the Thu Bon river, Cam Ha ward in the Quang Nam Province, 3 Km to the West of the ancient quarter. The Thanh Ha Pottery Village in Hoi An is a famous example in this type of establishment that aims at furthering tradition as well as employment. The pottery village has a long historical legacy and it used to play an important role in the development of Hoi An ancient town.
My Son Sanctury: Between the 4th and 13th centuries a unique culture which owed its spiritual origins to Indian Hinduism developed on the coast of contemporary Viet Nam. This is graphically illustrated by the remains of a series of impressive tower-temples located in a dramatic site that was the religious and political capital of the Champa Kingdom for most of its existence
2 what shoul you eat
- Cao Lau: Hoi An supplies a far superior cuisine than any other city in Vietnam. Hoi An is now home to a number of specialty dishes, many of which can be traced to foreign origins. The most famous is cao lau, a tasty soup made with thick wheat noodles, meat and aromatic vegetables.
- Bread: Considered “the most delicious bread in the world” – Hoi An bread has been the choice of most visitors because of its uniqueness and taste. It can be confirmed that the rise of Hoi An bread is also the rise of the frugal tastes but it has become a masterpiece of the charming of Hoi An people. Although bread appears simply-used for breakfast and other meals, making it takes meticulous process and a long time. Therefore, making an attractive bread is a culinary achievement of the local baker.
- White Rose: Wrose (banh bao vac), a type of shrimp dumpling made from translucent white dough bunched up to look like a rose. Many people like these cakes not only for their delicious flavor but also for their beautiful appearance. The French gave it the name of “white roses”.
- Wonton: This dish comes from China but has been adapted by the inhabitants to suit the local taste. Similar to ravioli, wonton is made with rice flour and filled with ingredients such as shrimp, pork, egg, and spices. There are many kinds of wonton dishes: fried wonton, wonton soup or wonton and noodle soup.
- Chicken rice:What you might remember most about a trip to central Vietnam is the ubiquitous flavor of savory chicken rice. Hoi An’s chicken rice, with its unique spicy character, tempting smell and its simple yet very appetizing presentation, is just so Vietnamese!
- Quang Noodle:This is the popular country dish in Hoian and Quang Nam. The noodle is yellow or white in color and made from rice flour. It is mixed with shrimp, pork and vegetables, and topped with grilled rice paper and spices. Similar to rice noodle and chicken or pork soup (Hu tieu), My Quang is a variety of Pho (rice noodle soup), because the noodles are made from rice and covered with soup as serving.
3 When should you visit:
i think, the best period is from november - september