Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Question regarding visas for non-US citizen on cruise to Turks & Caicos, St. Kitts & St. Maarten

Hello all.

I am hosting an exchange student from Senegal. He has a valid J-1 student visa, valid Senegalese passport with multiple entries. I am getting a different answer from everyone I ask. Does he need a visa for the above countries? I believe that there is some sort of exception for cruise passengers, as they only stay in the country for a few hours, but I can't find any definitive information which is specific to cruise stops. Thanks so much for any help!

Comments

• @JD60610
    Cruise passengers are exempt from visas in St Maarten and St Kitts. This onformation was obtained from the government website of both countries.
    Turks and Caicos is a British territory and normally if you need a visa for the UK you need a visa for the Turks and Caicos. Senegalese citizens require a visa for the UK.
    I could find no definitive information
    So try contacting
    Turks and Caicos Consulate
    225W 35th Street
    Suite 7200
    New York
    NY 10001

Tel toll free 800 241 0824
    Or 646 375 8830
    Email Pewing@turksandcaicostourismusa.com
  • Thank you so much, @Alethia ! I spoke with the consul general of Senegal, located in Miami. He told me that we do not need separate visas for any of those countries for the cruise. I was able to confirm this with the consulate of St. Maarten (the Dutch side). Thanks again for the help!