Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Has anybody had success appealing to the Italian embassy after tourist visa rejection?

My application got rejected last December 9,2016 and wrote them a letter of appeal for reconsideration but they said that the refusal was issued accordingly. My fiance is planning to come back to my homeland to go with me in the Italian embassy in Manila. Does anyone had been in this situation? Do you know what questions or any additional documents that we need to bring? Appreciate your insights. Thanks!

Comments

• @mitch_madrid

Your reconsideration has been refused. You either make a fresh application or if you are still in time an appeal which is done in writing not by taking your fiance for an interview at the Italian Embassy.
    Ridiculous!
  • edited January 12
    @Alethia

Thank you for your prompt response. The idea of bringing my fiancé in the Italian embassy in Manila was an advise from the Consular. The main purpose of my visit in Italy is to meet my fiancé's family and to know his life there or to know him better. I've been honest with the Consular that I don't have much money on my account and that my fiancé will be the one to shoulder all my expenses of the whole duration of my trip, including flights which my fiancé also mentioned on his invitation letter. As far as from accommodation is concern, I am going to stay in my fiancé residency. And lastly, I don't have a physical work in my homeland as I work remotely as a freelance Digital Marketer. I've given all the necessary documents and tried to explain honestly my situation.

These are the 3 reason of my refusal.

No. 3 "You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of the intended stay or return to the country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully"; No.8 "The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and condition of the intended stay was not reliable"; No. 9 "Your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

Appreciate if you could light on some tips for this situation.