Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Visiting the UK on an EU student visa

edited February 2017 in Visa and Passport
hello sir/ madam
my name is vikas
i want to visit uk , i have indian passport, but having austrian student visa and i also finished my university in austria .
with the visa that i have it now i can visit anywhere in europe without visa.. can i go to uk also with same visa to vist


  • plz help on this
  • The UK is a completely separate country and is not a member of the Schengen Area in Europe. The UK has its own immigration regulations.

  • @vikas1206
    Terry is correct, the UK is not part of the Schengen zone so you can not travel to the UK using your Austrian residence card.
    You are no longer a student in Austria therefore you need to apply for your UK visa afrom your home country, unless you have another reason to remain legally in Austria.
Sign In or Register to comment.