Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Schengen Visa rejection

edited February 22 in Europe
Dear All,

I am from India and I had applied for a Belgium Visa and today I received my Passport and a Letter after more than a month along with a refusal letter in which the reasons are not clearly mentioned for my refusal. So suggest me what should I do now..?? Should I appeal for over ruling or should I reapply again for the same country..?? Should it be a problem if I apply for a different country in Europe..??

Comments

• @mohitdawan
    If the reasons for the refusal are not clearly mentioned how can you appeal or put things right in a fresh application?
    The Belgian Embassy usually provide the reasons for refusal so maybe you just dont understand them.
    Visa shoppping, thats applying to another embassy when your visa has been refused by the fitrst country is frownedupon and will result in a refusal also
  • @Alethia
    In the reasons they have quoted that they were not sure of my return. But I have submitted my return ticket and also my proof of employment i.e. I am self employed and I submitted all my business legal government registrations.

They also said in the reason that I am single and also unmarried and travelling for the first time to a Schengen area which seem to be an invalid reason as people go to places always for a first time.

They also stated that my itinerary isn't clear whereas I have all my friend's documents which includes invitation, his college id, his resident card, his passport copy,his rent agreement along with the relation between me and my friend mentioned as "childhood friend"

It was also quoted that I didn't provide conclusive evidence of family or other residual interests in the country of origin which I didn't understand as my passport is the proof of everything and everything is mentioned in my passport and passports can't be wrong.

Kindly help me out if possible so that I don't repeat the same mistakes again during appeal or re-applying...
  • edited February 23
    @mohitdhawan
    The reasons for refusal are very clear.
    You seem to have all the answers

You wrote:-
    It was also quoted that I didn't provide conclusive evidence of family or other residual interests in the country of origin which I didn't understand as my passport is the proof of everything and everything is mentioned in my passport and passports can't be wrong.

What a ridiculous statement Your passport is only proof of your identity and citizenship.
    All applicants must show strong ties to thier home country
  • @Alethia

Thanks for the valuable reply. Now you know all the reasons for my refusal kindly suggest what additional docs do I have to present again as I have provided all the documents that I wrote in my above message.

Also for this statement " It was also quoted that I didn't provide conclusive evidence of family or other residual interests in the country of origin " what should I present more for the proof...
  • Hi
    The reasons are very clear regarding your visa refusal as mentioned in your reply.

" In the reasons they have quoted that they were not sure of my return. But I have submitted my return ticket and also my proof of employment i.e. I am self employed and I submitted all my business legal government registrations."

They look at the net wort and performance of your business in deciding if this is enough to bring you back to your domiciled country. By this I mean, that your business is worth more and will discourage you from taking up economic activities while in europe

"They also said in the reason that I am single and also unmarried and travelling for the first time to a Schengen area which seem to be an invalid reason as people go to places always for a first time."

Most European union countries do not grant visa to first trimmers who's return is doubtful. In your case, you are single and might likely get entangled with a lady while In Europe and decide to change your travel,plans.

They also stated that my itinerary isn't clear whereas I have all my friend's documents which includes invitation, his college id, his resident card, his passport copy,his rent agreement along with the relation between me and my friend mentioned as "childhood friend"

Visiting your friend in Europe who happens to be a student, while absndoning your legitimate busuness for such period is an indication that your itinerary is not clear, In my opinion,

By this, they mean that, you did not show evidence of dependants (wife, children etc) ans or property. Passport is not a replacement fir residual interest in a country.

Kindly help me out if possible so that I don't repeat the same mistakes again during appeal or re-applying...
    You will be further denied if you visa shop as the earlier respondent suggested. You did not mention the purpose of you travel but from you responce, it is clear you are attending your friends matric or convocation. You cannot 're apply now and be granted the beccessary visa requested.

You can reapply some other time say, 1year period when you must have provided the needed things mentioned by the embassy and please, don't visit your student friend, apply for a holiday and show hotel booking and places of interest you intend to visit.

Make sure also that you financial statement from your bank is sufficient to fund the trip.

Hope it helps.
  • They also said in the reason that I am single and also unmarried and travelling for the first time to a Schengen area which seem to be an invalid reason as people go to places always for a first time.
  • @tonyjuly
    There must be other reasons such as:-
    The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.
    or
    Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

The Embassy has to work out a return "prediction". The documents you have submitted or your other information were not sufficient to predict a positive result as far as your intended trip is concerned.

The Embassy takes amongst others the following facts into consideration:
    • The family ties to to your home country (spouse, minor children, guardian-unions etc.)
    • The professional binding (existence of a fixed employment relationship)
    • The economic bond (regular income from rents or real estate assets)
    • The employment relationship has not been established / confirmed.