Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Visiting USA from Nigeria

edited March 2017 in - USA
I got married to an American citizen and I wish to visit her for just 3weeks.. . She's in Nigeria now and we want to go together, can we go to the embassy together at least to do interview at the embassy. ..?


  • edited March 2017
    Itis highly unlikely that your wife will be allowed into the interview with you. Its also highly unlikely that you will be granted a visit visa.

    If you apply for a B-1/B-2 tourist visa, you must demonstrate to a consular officer that you qualify for a U.S. visa in accordance with the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Section 214(b) of the INA presumes that every B-1/B-2 applicant is an intending immigrant. That means, as you are married to a US citizen the consular officer will believe you will not return to Nigeria at the ed of your visit.

    You must overcome this legal presumption by showing:

    That the purpose of your trip to the U .S. is for a temporary visit.
    That you plan to remain in the U.S. for a specific, limited period of time
    Evidence of funds to cover your expenses while in the United States
    That you have a residence outside the U.S., as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure your return abroad at the end of your visa.
Sign In or Register to comment.