Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Schengen visa refusal for a Turkish citizen

Hi,

My partner, a Turkish citizen, and I, an English citizen, live together in Turkey and has just been refused a visa to Greece. The reason given was:
The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.

He gave all the documents needed, his business registrations, proof of his tax/insurance payments, 6 months bank statements, holiday insurance covering the required amount, return ferry ticket paid for, hotel booking.

In his letter was a full itenary of planned days out, and how we where going to spend our time, it also explains the reason for wanting to go before the holiday season gets into full swing as he is busier during the summer months. It also stated the reason for returning on the date stated as he has car reservations, and airport transfers booked, plus other work which he needs to be here in order to start and complete.

If anyone can point us in the right direction as to how to give more information that would clear this up for the next application I would be very grateful, as this was the only reason give I am assuming that all the other documents where correct.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• @cheechee
    As you are not married your partner cannot benefit from EU rules that grant the husband or wife of an EU citizen a visa free of charge to another EU country (The UK are still in Europe)
    Consequently the Greek Embassy or any other country will treat his application as that of a single man, that is suspiciously. As a single Turkish man he will have great difficulty in obtaing a visa.

The reason for the refusal was:-
    The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable. This possibly means the following:-

• The relevant documents were not submitted.
    • The documents submitted could not ascertain your purpose of stay.
    • The existence of a family relationship was not substantiated with adequate documentary evidence
    • The requested duration of stay is not consistent with any leave entitlements.
    • The hotel reservation submitted has been canceled or could not be substantiated.

• @cheechee
    Schengen embassies have step up there requirements especially for tourist visa requirements.
    Additional requirements:
    Prepaid hotel
    Booking of sightseeing
    Your previous documents are good but insufficient.
    Add booking of sightseeing and prepaid hotel.
    Some
  • Countries prepaid hotel is not a must,normal hotel reservation is OK.
  • @Alethia
    Alethia(the special one),keep up the good work.
    GOD will be your strength.
    I look forward to learn more from you .
    Thanks and GOD bless