Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

schengen visa rejection

Hi,

I would like to thank you for supporting people all around the world. i have a problem and i want your consultation on it regarding my schengen visa.

firstly, let me introduce my self, my name is Ahmed and i am 28 years old was born and raised in Qatar and spent all my life there and working as a mechanical engineer and holding a Palestinian passport.

in March 2016 i have a applied to Schengen visa through Spanish Embassy however unfortunately it has been rejected due to some reason however, they only stamped my passport (Espana Empessada)

now i have been promoted to big company and they wants to send me to Netherlands for some training so i have to re-apply again to visa.

what shall i do ? apply to Spanish embassy ? or can i apply through Netherlands ? does they have records ? please help me

how can i show the strong tie ? financially ? i told you i was born here. i think its the strongest evidence !!

Moreover, if i wanted to apply for a (holiday) again (with my wife and daughter) to Spanish Embassy will it work ?

all of my family are here, father, mother, brothers and all of them are working here !! i have never think to leave Qatar for good in my life !!

Comments

• @ahmedmurtaja
    You must apply to the Embassy of the Netherlands this time as the reason for applying for the visa is different from your last application.

It does not matter what is stamped on your passport, Schengen countries share biometric information so the Netherlands will be aware of your last refusal.

You need to show ties to Qatar your birth certificate, your marriage certificate, childs birth certificate, your title deed or rental agreement for your home.
    Letters from your employer, stating your job salary length of employment and who will be paying flights, hotel food etc.
    Your bank statements and payslips.

The training company in the Netherlands must give full written information of the course, provide your qualifications.
    http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/netherlands-visa/

You do not say why your previous visa was refused last time but you need to look at the last refusal and apply again with better documents.
    I suggest you wait to see the out come of the Netherlands visa before you apply to Spain.

• thank you very much for your advises. i will apply soon following your recommendations and will give you my feed back !!

• i am about to apply again to Netherlands. in the schengen application form, there is a requirement to tell the following:

1- Fingerprints collected previously for the purpose of applying for a Schengen visa
    A- No
    B- Yes. Date, if known

should i say yes ?

• @ahmedmurtaja
    Of course you must say yes, the minute your biometrics are taken they will link with your last visa application as all Schengen states share biometric information through the Visa Information System (VIS).
    If you do not answer this question your visa can be refused as you will be omitting serious information
  • @Alethia i got rejected by spain i applied for a sports competition .My trainer wants me to take participate in it ...Now i have completed my intermediate and wanted to apply for latvia study visa ...what should i state how i got refused for first time in my cover letter of refusal ?
    And how to avoid the reason your stay cant be justified on study visa ?plz gave me some strong extra points to avoid these reason?
  • @Alethia dear Madam plz answer my query?
  • @neymar1991
    You do not need to mention the refusal in your cover letter. All Schengen offices will know you were refused previously , because of the Visa Information System which is tied to your biometrics and is shared by all Schengen countries. You will also have given the refusal information on the application form.

To avoid the justification of stay refusal you must submit as much information as possible regarding your educational qualifications, acceptance by the Latvian college, sufficient funds in valid bank statements and proof of accomodation in Latvia.
  • edited May 2
    @Alethia

Dear Alethia,

i would like to express my deepest gratitude for helping me as per your recommendations getting the visa. today morning i have received a notification to collect my passport and yyyyyyes i have opened it and found my visa.

thank you again for your support

Take care
  • @ahmedmurtaja, that's fabulous news. Congratulations.

@Alethia is a treasure.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • @ahmedmurtaja
    Thank you for trusting me and my advice. I am so happy for you.
  • Hi @Alethia
    I applied visa for my Honeymoon from Swiss embassy in September 2016 and got refused reason being lack of subsistence and intent to stay not satisfactory

Now I am reapplying in may 2017 from Netherlands embassy with covering all the letters and required documents with funds of 12k euros ...
    the refusal letter which I received from Swiss embassy in Sep 2016 should I attach the refusal letter with my current documents for applying visa Netherlands embassy??? Or shld I apply them with fresh documents

Pls advice

Regards
    Gagan
  • @gaganbatra37
    No you do not need to put the visa refusal from the last application. All Schengen countries share information through VIS (visa information system) Once you do the biometrics at the visa office all your past information will be available to the Netherlands Embassy.
    Just answer on the Schengen application form
    That you had been previously refused.
  • Thanks it's really helpful
  • Hi alethia

I have submitted my documents today morning at visa office ... my whole trip is sponsored by my father and my company but they removed my fathers Income tax returns from my documents and kept only mine and of my company...

Sponsorship letter shows finance of this trip has been taken care by my father...

Is it ok ??

Regards
    Gagan
  • @alethia I got my visa thanks for your helpful advice ...
  • @gaganbatra37
    Congratulations. It's very nice when people tell us we have helped them.
    Have a good trip
  • Hello
  • hello
    i am from pakistan
    i applied for schengen visa (tourism) along with my husband and two kids (ages 4 and 11) from the netherlands embassy and my visa was rejected. the reasons stated are:
    1) the purpose and circumstances of the stay have not been sufficiently demonstrated
    2)the information provided regarding the purpose and circamstances of the intended stay is not reliable
    3)your intention to leave the territory of the member state for the expiry of the visa could not be established.

kindly guide should i apply again from the netherlands embassy or some other as they say poland gives visa easily. and when should i apply.we got the refusal 12 may.

i would like to tell you we were planning to leave our third child back home. is it not reason enough to return?
    (the family registeration certificate and birth certificate was attached in the documents)

my husband is a businessman and he had travelled to italy thrice for business in last 2 years.
    do we need to attach documents other than the required documents by the embassy
    all the documents were complete in addition
    we even attached our property documents..2 types of business documents (2 companies)
    30 days hotel booking in amsterdam

kindly advise
    thankyou
  • "Shopping" for a Visa is frowned upon. All Schengen countries share Visa application information.

Your Visa was turned down for all the major reasons so it was a very weak, not believable application. Leaving one child at home will make no difference, you needs lots more documentation in all areas to have any chance of success.

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • @afarhan
    Terry has given you an excellent answer
  • thankyou so much for responding
    but can you please explain what you mean by shopping for a visa ?

also the letter stated that we can either re apply or appeal. we are thinking of appealing. can you also please guide what documents we should now add ?

• previously we had added my husbands statements tickets adn hotel bookings.
  • @afarhan
    Visa shopping is the practice of making further visa applications to other EU States when a first application has been rejected. This is considered abuse of the Schengen system.

30 days in one hotel, is not very believable.
    You should add all your childrens birth certificates and evidence your husband holds a visa
  • @Alethia i would like to ask that University in Latvia is giving me admission without ielts and if i take ielts exam and present it to consular during interview will it leave a good impression or is it okay if i go without ielts because university has admitted me ?
    Either it would be beneficiary for me or not during my interview?
  • @neymar1991
    I would take the IELTS test to make a good impression on the university and also later when you apply for your student visa.