Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

uk student visa

Hello, I have a student who wants to study in uk. He is Turkish, I am his English teacher, when he came to our school had zero English but now he is good and he passed ielts exam overall 4,5. My boss told him to apply for tier 4 student visa, that's why he went to ielts exam. He is only 17 years old, can he apply for this visa? Or is there other visa which would be more suitable for him? He wants to study language school to improve his English and then go to university in Turkey.


  • edited March 2017
    Dear Asined,

    With all due respect you've been spamming this forum over and over and over trying to figure some way to illegally scam a Visa for your, "friend."

    Now it's a "student?"

    Frankly it's getting kinda old...

  • @asined
    Your friend is a minor that means he is under 18 years old and his IELTS is a low score. The minimum requirement is 5.5 IELTS
    There are plenty of very good English language courses in Turkey often taught by native English speakers.

    You do not seem to understand the basic requirements of a Tier 4 student visa. The rules are very strict and must be adhered to.
    Here are the guidelines for applying for a Tier 4 visa , all 95 pages

    @asined like Terry I find your many posts trying to find ways to enter the UK worrying.
  • It is not like that, really. Only I have some friends in here who want to go to uk and I am trying to get some info for them.

    Now the student I asked about...I know his age low I read info about tier 4 but he is listening to my boss who wants him to apply like that. Before we had students who went for language School to uk for 4 months with tier 4, they passed ielts from each section 4 or 4,5 but they were over 18. Now I am abit worried about this our student. I just wanted to learn something for him and help him to find the best way for him. He only wants to learn well English and study in London. I have a lot of students who want to study in uk or canada. I do not see any problem with that. But I know that getting visa is other thing.
  • @asined
    A Tier 4 visa is not suitable for these students.
    To attend an English language centre you will need to apply for a Short-term Study Visa. If you are over 18 years old you have these two options:

    A short-term study visa for up to 6 months.
    A short-term study visa 6-11 months for English language courses only.

    If you are under 18 years old, you can only apply for a short-term study (child) visa for no more than 6 months

    Tier 4 student visas are not usually the best choice if you want to join an English course.

    They are much more expensive than a short-term visa and you need to prove that you have reached a good level of English already. It is easier, quicker and cheaper to get a short-term study visa.

    When you have a visa you cannot do the following:-

    Extend your short term visa, or change it to another type of visa
    Work or look for work
    Bring any family with you
    Get public funding, such as benefits or housing.

    I hope this helps you

  • Hi @asined. I'm one of the mods, and I agree with Terry and Alethia that there is cause for concern. I am happy to leave the existing discussions on the forum, as people have provided valuable information, but any further questions about visas on behalf of your friends or students will be removed.

Sign In or Register to comment.