Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

UKVI from Dubai

edited April 2017 in - Dubai
Hi All, @Alethia

I am a Pakistani National and currently work and live in Dubai having resident visa. My wife is British and I am planning to apply for a spouse visa. We know the required document checklist and process very well but have below concerns. I will appreciate if you can respond for each query.

1- I need to fill online application,get it printed and need to submit it along with all supporting documents at VFS global Dubai? My wife has nothing to submit at UK sheffield office, please confirm?
2- Since I've been a UAE resident and living here for more than 2 years, I am exempted from TB test, please confirm?
3- We have a marriage certificate as given by the council office in PK, but doest it require any attestation from PK, Dubai or UK officials?
4- Once I will get the UK visa, how much time will I have to appear in UK? I have heard I need to visit UK within 60 days or is it 2 week time, please confirm?
5- Is there any possibility I can visit UK for 1 week and complete required processing there and return back to Dubai? BTW how long it takes to complete the required processing at UK side from my end?

Awaiting your expert advice, thanks :)

Regards,

Comments

• @imfaiz
    You say you know the UK visa document and checklist very well. I have been an immigration lawyer for over 25 years and I check everything , as the Home Office are forever moving the goal posts.

1. You do not need to send any documents to Sheffield as the UK Home Office has a visa processing unit in the UAE.
    2. You do not need a TB test as you have lived in the UAE for more than 6 months
    3. Your Pakistani marriage certificate does not need any certification as Pakistani marriages are accepted as legal in the UK. Your certificate must an original with an English translation.
    4.After the visa is granted you have only 30 days to travel to the UK where upon arrival you must process your biometrics at the Post Office . If you fail to enter the UK within 30 days your visa will be cancelled.
    5.I suggest you finish all your business in Dubai as once the residence permit is issued you are supposed to live in the UK for the next 30 months apart from normal holidays.
  • @Alethia

Many thanks for your quick response and time, really appreciate your support. Few more Qns,

6- I work in an MNC here and I need to follow a proper job leaving process. My only worry is how shall I serve my notice period of 30 days and travel to UK for bio metrics there ?? Please advice me the best option for a smooth transition form Dubai > UK
    a)Shall I resign prior to my UK visa confirmation, if yes then it will be a risk because I wouldn't know if the visa will be a success or not.
    b) Shall I resign after getting UK visa, then I will be fall short of time to serve my notice period of 30 days as I have to appear within 15 days in UK.
    c) or I should take a brave call and leave the company without serving notice period which I don't want as I have a very good reputation here and want to leave the company on good friendly notes and you know the visa cancellation process and all final settlement process.

7- Are you sure PK marriage certificate doesn't needs any MOFA attestation? Please confirm. Yes it is translated in English already. We got married in PK and MC also got printed there.

Regards,
  • @imfaiz
    I really do not understand your problem.If the visa is granted you will live in the UK and do not need your job in Dubai. If and when your visa is granted then just advise the company you are leaving, simple. Who cares what the company thinks.
    I am absolutely sure that marriage certificates issued in Pakistan do not need further certification. In the past twenty five years I have prepared many settlement applications with Oakistani marriage certificates. You only need an English translation which in the modern certificates is automatically provided by the Union Council.
  • edited May 17
  • Hi , @Alethia

I was wondering if you could help. My husband has been working in Dubai for 8 months. He is originally from Pakistan, now applying for a spouse visa from Dubai. In the online application form it asks , his 'country of residence' , would that be Dubai or Pakistan ?

Secondly, i was not paid my 5th pay on April, however was double paid so given two payslips in MAY ( my 5th and 6th payslips ), therefore i have 6 payslips (4 from each 4 months, and 2 from one month), if that makes sense. Would that cause an issue?

Hope to hear from you soon
  • @rabia8
    Your husbands country of residence is Dubai as that is where he is legally resident at the time of application. He will also be submitting his biometrics etc at the UK visa office in Dubai.

If you have 6 pay slips that correspond with money paid into your bank account for the past six months then you have no problem.
    You should also be submitting an employer letter, the wording of which you will find in appendix FM.

All the best
  • @Alethia

Thank you for your response. That was very helpful.
    If he does a biometric test in Dubai, does he still have to come to UK within 30days for the biometric test in UK,, once his visa gets accepted?

• @Alethia ,sorry last question, ''Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years?'', in this context are they referring to Dubai as the country of residence? and if you have left Dubai in the last 10 years?
  • @rabia8
    Yes he has travelled, he travelled to Dubai, so put bthat.
    It is mandatory to come to the UK within 30days and take a biometric test again, if he does not do this the visa will be cancelled.
  • edited May 20
    Thank you
    I have seen online that for settlement visa, we have to send our application form and supporting documents to Sheffield? , is that right or does my husband have to take the application form and supporting documents to VFS Global in Dubai? He is in dubai currently on a work visa.
    I know there has been a change in the rule since 2017 so i am little confused, please let me know where we should send our documents
    Hope you can help
  • @Alethia

Thank you
    I have seen online that for settlement visa, we have to send our application form and supporting documents to Sheffield? , is that right or does my husband have to take the application form and supporting documents to VFS Global in Dubai? He is in dubai currently on a work visa.
    I know there has been a change in the rule since 2017 so i am little confused, please let me know where we should send our documents
    Hope you can help
  • edited May 21
    @rabia8
    You are your husbands sponsor and you are the person providing the majority of the documents.
    It is usual for the documents for the marriage visa to be sent to Sheffielfd and the sponsor is the one to send them.
    When your husbands attends the interview he akes his passpoirt photos and a copy of the
    application form. The VFS Global website is not clear at all regarding marriage visas.
  • My husband and I went through this process.
    Previously the uk sponsor would apply to Sheffield. However there were changes to the process when we applied in May 2017, my husband (Pakistani national) living and working in Dubai had to send the evidence to the Dubai VFS global office. I gathered all the information from my end as the UK sponsor and I sent the folder to my husband in Dubai. He then added his information and he submitted the application in Dubai.

Check the websites for exact information as it changes all the time.
  • I am happy to answer any questions. However bare in mind I do not have a law background but happy to share my experience. My husband and I are now living together in UK.
  • @Alethia
    Am i correct in saying that the VFS Global in Dubai does not scan supporting documents to UKVI ?
  • @imfaiz
    thank you for the information, the online website isnt very clear. On the vfs global website it says bring your supporting documents , but i have seen on other websites an update from VFS that they no longer take supporting documents unless its their visa application centres in Myanmar and Yangon so i am quite confused, whats the right path.

Can you however tell me what courier company did you use from UK to send your documents in Dubai? and how long they took to deliver
    Thanks for your support

• Your partner in Dubai will need to submit supporting documents during the appointment mentioned above.

I used DHL to send the supporting documents to my husband. He then added his paperwork and submitted it to Dubai office.
  • edited May 21
    @rabia8
    This is the latest information from VFS Global relating to documents.
    https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/en/lk/vacs/what-to-bring-with-you
    You have 20 working days to submit the documents to Sheffield.

@Imfiaz your information is out of date, these changes rolled out between May and June 2017 for ALL countries.
    By the way your previous post was misleading and has been deleted. the VFS Global application procedure is not purely for Pakistani applicants but for all nationalities.

• @Alethia , thank you so much for your support and help :)
  • @Alethia

i am sorry for bothering you once again, i know of a person in Dubai, who is applying for UK spousal visa. Her application got rejected because she did not supply her supporting documents, not to the visa application centre and also not to sheffield. When she reapplied they asked her to provide evidence (supporting documents) as well, she took it to vfs global in Dubai, and they took her documents. She did not send it to sheffield, she is yet to hear a response.

Can you tell me if she did the right thing and we should also give it to Dubai vfs global or to the address in Sheffield?

Once again i am really sorry for bombarding you with questions again and again and your assistance is much appreciated

• @rabia8

97% of UK spouse visas processed by VFS Dubai are completed in 90 days, the remaining 3% are concluded in a 120 days. There are occasionally exceptions, but this is a good guide to time scales.

I do not know when the woman submitted the supporting documents but the above timescale may help you.

Dubai office may have the facility to scan documents to the UK for settlement visas, if so, you must photocopy every single document on to A4 paper. Your husband can take the copies and the originals. The originals are checked and certified and the copies are scanned. Dont forget all this costs extra money.

Alternatively your husband can ask if the documents can go to Sheffield. He can courier the documents to you and you can send them recorded delivery to Sheffield. You have 20 working days to send supporting documents to Sheffield from the date your husband goes to his VFS appointment

I think that covers everything. All the best.

• @rabia8
    It just occurred to me that at the very end of the UKVI electronic application form it sometimes states where the supporting documents must be sent to. So check that out.
  • edited May 21
    @Alethia
    Thank you for the information, I did call UKVI, who stated we have to send supporting documents to Sheffield. Can i send a scanned copy of the appendix form and the online application form with my supporting documents which would have his signature on it?? or does it have to be the originals?
    and also can i send a paper copy of his passport sized photographs, or does it have to be on proper photographic paper ? as i do not have his original photos on me - passport sized.

Thank you
  • edited May 22
    @rabia8
    As you can see I try very hard on this forum to provide up to date information. The VFS link I sent you has now been confirmed by UKVI

In the pack of documents you send to Sheffield. You put the following:-

1. A print out of the application form. It does not need to be signed by your husband but you should attach a passport sized photo. The "original" application form is sent electronically once its completed. So there is no such thing as an original hard copy.

2. A copy of the IHS health insurance payment.

3. A photocopy of his passport is fine

4. You can send a photocopy of the biometric/photo page of your UK passport and copies of the pages where it shows the visas when you travelled to your wedding or visited him in Dubai. A solicitor will certify these documents for a £1 a page or the Post office have a certifying service

5.you need to put a dividing page between each section of documents you send.

I hope this helps
  • @Alethia thank you ever so much for your detailed response. May Allah bless you for your kindness of helping people.
    I just had one last question, does my husbands passport sized photographs have to be signed by him? I was told this information by someone, so i wanted a confirmation?

Thank you for your support
  • edited May 22
    @rabia8
    You should clearly write your husbands name on the photo not sign and attach to the application form with a paper clip.
  • Hi @Alethia

I wanted to submit my online application form as a fast track service to get the result with 4-6 weeks. I was told this would cost around 600 pounds. Do you know which service this would be?
    They offer a
    Standard appointment
    Primetime
    Premium Lounge
    Super priority visa
    Platinum lounge

Which one would this be?

Thank you
  • @rabia8

The service you require is the Priority Visa Service (family migration / settlement)

You can pay for a Priority Visa service which puts your family migration / settlement application at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process. The cost of this service is in addition to your visa application fee and is non-refundable if the visa application is refused, or in exceptional cases, takes longer to process. Using the Priority Visa service does not imply or guarantee that your application will be successful. All visa applicants must meet the requirements of the UK

How long does a Priority Visa (family migration / settlement) application take?

UKVI aims to make a decision on your Priority Visa (family migration / settlement) application, and contact you to let you know that your passport is ready to be collected within 30 working days from when you submit your biometric information.

Who can use this service?

All customers applying to live permanently (‘settle’) in the UK under family migration routes, and where a full settlement visa fee is payable.

For settlement applications you can buy this service online for 800.00 USD or at the visa application centre for a fee of 2865.00 AED (All applicable taxes included).
  • Thank you so much @Alethia

I am so confused still where to send my supporting documents as vfs global uae, states that we have to bring our supporting documents with us at the biometrics test. https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/uae/frequently_asked_questions.html under 'what should i bring with me'

Do you know of any recent cases of someone applying from dubai and they sent it to sheffield . please help .
  • edited May 30
    @Alethia Having called Home office today and stating to them that this is what is says on vfs global uae website, they have said he has to take supporting documents with him.
    I am utterly annoyed with their service and their inconsistency of answers. please help me so i take the right step as i see no hope in home office since they are confused themselves
  • @rabia8
    The Home Office move the goal posts all the time so what happened last week may not be happening this week

On 21st May I wrote this to you.

Dubai office may have the facility to scan documents to the UK for settlement visas, if so, you must photocopy every single document on to A4 paper. Your husband can take the copies and the originals. The originals are checked and certified and the copies are scanned. Dont forget all this costs extra money.

Alternatively your husband can ask if the documents can go to Sheffield. He can courier the documents to you and you can send them recorded delivery to Sheffield. You have 20 working days to send supporting documents to Sheffield from the date your husband goes to his VFS appointment

Your husband should take the documents with him and have copies, he can ask where the documents should be sent.

I know this is stressful but try not to let it get to you
  • thank you for your support @Alethia
  • @Alethia if i pay for the priortiy service do i still have to pay for? ' Your husband can take the copies and the originals. The originals are checked and certified and the copies are scanned. Dont forget all this costs extra money'
  • @rabia8
    As your paying for the priority service all this should all be included. £600 is a lot of money.
    You are working so hard for your husband, I hope he appreciates all your doing for him as well as working full time. All the best
  • Hi @Alethia

Thank you so much for your support and well wishes, i really appreciate it , may God bless you
  • @Alethia just an update regarding the supporting documents, It has to be taken to vfs global dubai with my husband. He went to their office and they confirmed that all supporting documents, originals and copies goes through them x
  • @rabia8
    We dicussed this ten days ago, that the documents and copies need to go to the Dubai VFS office, so I am glad your husband has confirmed this. You need to get buSy copying
    Good luck.
  • @Alethia

do you know what address my letters should be addressed too ..
    my accomodation letter has been addressed to
    ECO
    British Embassy
    Visa Department, Al' Seef Street,
    P.O. Box 65
    Dubai,
    UAE

My husband will be directly taking it to vfs global dubai, but just for formality reasons, we have written the address on each letter. Do you think it is ok to use the above address on each letter?

THANK YOu
  • @rabia8
    The address is OK to use, as you say its only a formality. All the best
  • @Alethia thank you