Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Can anyone help me? Visa for Norway refused

Hi I lived in UK as a student visa for 6 years during this time I visit Europe 2 times and then I came back to my home country I have no overstayer record at all. 3 months ago I had applied visit visa with my wife and 6 months baby to see my wife sister in Norway they granted visa to my wife but unfortunately refused my application as well as my kid. They put the reason that you are going with your family so you don't have strong ties to your home country. I appeal against the decision but refuse again. I just want to know that if now I apply for Sweden alone ! Is that affect my previous rejected Application for Norway and is Norway embassy put my information in VIS or not

Comments

• In the refusal letter they mentioned :-
    VIS reference: N/A
    What is meant by this? Actually I could not understand what is this ? Please some one help me
  • @farrukhijaz
    VIS means VIsa Information System. All Schengen countries are linked to VIS and it contains information about applicants who have applied for a visa and their biometric data. As you have been refused a visa by Norway your details are now held by VIS so it is likely that Sweden will refuse you unless you can prove very strong ties to your home country.
    Also "visa shopping", that is applying to other countries after your visa is refused is frowned upon.
  • Thankyou so much for your reply Norway refused my visa because we apply family visa and they said now you r going Europe with your wife and kid and that's whey no strong ties at your home country but now I want to apply alone not family ! Is it ok ? Or I should not apply right now
  • And please explain me what is meant by
    VIS reference : N/A
    Because this is written on my refusal letter I had search the meaning of N/A its mean not applicable ! But I don't understand may b they don't check vis or something else ? Please clarify and thanks again for your reply
  • @farrukhijaz
    If the VIS had turned up a negative or criminal history for example you would have been issued a reference number which would have flagged up problens.
    You have no VIS reference number which means you have no negativety attached to your application. That is a good thing.
  • So should I apply for Sweden now or not ? Because I m applying now alone not with my wife and kid so if I apply without my family its seems strong ties to my home country ! Thanks again for your reply
  • @farrukhijaz
    What about your child?
    You can apply you have nothing to lose
  • My only question is that if I will apply for Sweden alone without my family. Is this consider strong ties to my home country ? Because my previous application was refused because of weak ties at my home country and the second question is that my first refusal will affect on my fresh application? I know I am disturbing you but you gave us a lot of good information thanks again
  • edited July 31
    @farrukhijaz
    I honestly cannot answer your question except to say Sweden will look at your application and make their own decision.
    Your past refusal should not affect your fresh application.
  • Thankyou so much for your reply I book appointment for 1st June and I will connect with you thanks again
  • Hello alethia I had applied visit visa for Sweden on 1st June 2017 today I received phone call from Sweden embassy and they asked me these question
    1: for how long your stay
    Ans: 15 days
    2: what is relation with sponsor
    Ans: my best friend and husband of my wife sister
    3: have you visited before Sweden
    Ans: yes in 2011
    4: what is the purpose of your visit
    Ans: just visiting my friend
    5: are you going to visit any other sechgeon country during your visit
    Ans: I said no just for Sweden

I have written down all my answers for your kind consideration please can you assist me what will happen next in your past experience? Thanks in advance for you answer
  • @farrukhijaz
    Sorry but I am not clairvoyant, but I can tell you, that you will either be granted or refused a visa :wink:
  • Thanks for your quick response i will let you know when i will got the decision thanks again
  • Hope for the best
  • Hello alethia !
    I am pleased to inform you that today I got visa for one month! I would like to say thankyou to you for encouraging me and giving me valuable advice !
    One more question now if I want to apply visit visa for my wife and kid for Norway now can I use my bank statement for them .
  • @farrukhijaz
    Yes you can use your bank statements
    If your wife has a bank account she should also submit tthose bank statements with yours.
  • Actually my wife is house wife she has account but there is no balance in her account so that is the reason I asking you ? Can I use my bank statement for her visa application. ? Because last time when she applied for visa she had attach her bank statement
  • edited July 31
    @farrukhijaz
    In this day and age being a housewife does not mean your wife should not have money in her bank account.
    I think my previous response was clear
    You can give your bank statements
  • Hello alethia !
    I am disturbing you again but got lot of good advices for you . Actually I told you first, we apply family visit visa for Norway and only my wife got visa from Norway me and my kid both refused from Norway embassy. And then I had applied for visit visa for Sweden and also got the visa.
    Now my wife and kid applying visit visa for Norway again. My question is this ! Should we explain about the refusal of my 10month baby with application or not ? Because my kid don't get finger print last time because he is only 10 months infant baby! And my wife could not visit last time only because of him : so should I explain the embassy about the infant baby or just apply without Any explaination
    Because my kid has no record in VIS system
    Thanks in advance
  • @farrukhijaz
    You answered your own question . There is no reason to mention your sons refusal.
    In fact there is no reason in my opinion to mention any refusals in a cover letter. Unless there are extreme circumstances
  • Thanks
  • But in application they asked had your application is refused before or not ? If yes kindly state the reason ?
    So what I have to write ? Should I explain about mother feeding as well here becUse my wife could not visit last time Norway because of him
  • @farrukhijaz
    Of course you need to mention the refusal on the application form. If you dont you will be committing a fraud.
    I said there was no need to mention the refusal in a COVER LETTER.
  • Ok thankyou so much
  • Hi Alethia. Thank very much for your good advices . Earlier I told you that my denmark visa refused on "
    One or more member state consider you to be a threat to public policy, internal security or public health as defined in article 2(19)"
    Later on, I contactED AZR Ans SIS . The authorities send me letters and confirm there is no negative mark in AZR AND SIS.
    Now, I have recently applied Germany visa travelling with my EU spouse . As EU LAW , family does not need visa to any schengen country if travel with EU spouse.
    My question is that can previous refusal can cause for thisgermany visa application.
    What can be happened with this application? Is there any chance to get visa? I am living in uk and have EU RESIDENCE CARD .
    Regards
  • edited July 20
    @nabeel2017
    You do need a visa when travelling with an EU spouse but it is supposed to be free and issued quickly.
    You can only be refused on the grounds of
    1. Public health
    2. National security
    3. Public policy

Did you supply copies of the letters from from AZR and SIS with your application ?
    If so you should not have a problem.
  • Thank you Alethia
    I did not provide,, they did not ask.. so what you recommend?
    One more interesting thing I want to share , I got my all information in VIS from Germany that shows me all previous application and visas issued by other schengen countries. In paperworks where I Have applied visa for Denmark , I have noticed that my last application was refused by Denmark but there is no record/information about refusal reasons just simply appears " not generated/ not persuaded " . It does not show that Denmark has refused visa on particular reasons . May be it is because of my appeal is still pending in Denmark for that visa.
    Would you like to comment or provide me any advise on this scenario?
    Regards
  • edited July 20
    @nabeel2017
    You were refused a visa as you were considered a threat to public policy, internal security etc but you did not send the evidence from AZR and SIS. How can you show they made an error if you did not supply the most important item...the evidence.
  • Thank you very much for your reply . My passport is due to collect next week. Can I send these documents to embassy by post or I should wait the decision? If they refuse on the same reason .. can I submit in appeal ? Can I send by email to embassy ?
    One more thing , if you are living in U.K. And have your law for legal matters then Would you like to give me your office address in order to see my case .
    Regards
  • Sorry I m taking your time .. I would be thankful for one more question.
    The reasons not to send these letter to embassy was that when I noticed in in VIS VISA INFORMATION SYSTEMS PAPERWORK that there is no record mentioned of refusal by Denmark embassy that I m considered as thread to public , security to any country . Then I though there might be error in system .
    So that y I ignored .
    Kindly advise me what is best course of action as my passport is due to be collected after few days
    Regards
  • @nabeel2017
    You can do nothing now but wait and see if you are granted a visa by Germany.
    I no longer have an office in the UK.
  • Hi Alethia.
    I hope u r ok. Today , I got my German visa. I am very thankful to you for your good advises.
    Now, only one thing to ask that after getting this visa, there would not be any problem in future application because of Danish refusal reasons .
    Rega Da
  • @nabeel2017
    I dont think you will have any further issues especially once the Danish appeal has concluded
  • Thank for your reply . For example, even I lose my Danish visa appeal . Does it affect my future application ? All member states do prior consultation with other schengen countries to visas for third world countries. So, Germany also follow this procedure and issued me visa. They have central system fir issuing visas. What would you think that Germany ignored Danish visa refusal in in system or there is nothing in system again my name as Denmark consider me thread to public, health policy and security etc ?
    Definitely, to be considered as thread to schengen country is big thing to refuse . If Germany granted me visa . It means there is no information against me in VIS.All schengen countries followed the VISA CODE WRITTEN IN EU HANDBOOK TO ISSUE VISAS.
    Kindly give your comments as per your experience and knowledge.
    Regards
  • @ nabeel2017
    The Danes obviously made a mistake. The fact you have German visa says it all. If I were you I would send a copy of your German Schengen visa to the Danish appeal section. They owe you an apology and a visa.
    I must say you seem to trael a lot for someone who is on a 5 year resident permit in the UK
  • Hello Altheia !
    I told you my wife and baby applied again for Norway but today we get the decision. They grant my visa to my wife again but they refused visa for my baby again ! So kindly can you please guide me which country is good enough for granting visa for both my wife and 11 month baby ! Because Norway granted visa twice to my wife but they refused again my baby visa! And should my wife have to go Norway or not because last time she could not visit Norway what could we have to do now? Or we have to apply another country
  • edited July 31
    And is there any restriction for reapplying for schengen visa after granting visa ?
  • edited July 31
    Because my baby don't have finger prints means he doesn't have record on VIS so it is not clear that he had rejected or not because some countries like Italy, or Sweden do ask for any rejection while reapplying ?
  • Please reply me as soon as possible I m very upset because we both get the visa now but still my baby refused again
  • edited July 31
    @farrukhijaz
    You need to contact the Norwegian embassy imediately regarding this absolute stupidity.
    It has nothing to do with fingerprints. The immigration officer is a fool