Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Schengen visa from UK as non-UK citizen

edited June 1 in Visa and Passport
This discussion was created from comments split from: Schengen visa for EU citizen Spouse (non EU)/Facilitating visa question(s).

Comments

• Hi,
    I am from Pakistan, and I will be travelling to UK on a visit visa for 6 months. I want to apply for France/Norway schengen visa but due to shortage of time I may not be able to apply from my home country. Is it possible to apply for a visit visa to France/Norway while in UK, being a non UK citizen?
    Any information will be much appretiated.
  • @CoCo_jh
    The French do not issue visas to people travelling to the UK on a visit visa.
    http://www.france.embassy-visa.com/schengen-visa-appointment-requirements/
    ..."The applicant must legally reside in the UK. Foreign nationals residing in the UK will have been granted leave to remain for a period of over 6 months as a Student, working holiday maker, Tier 1 General/PSW, Tier 2, 5 etc…"

I am certain that Norway has the same rules. A visitor to the UK is not deemed to be a resident

• Hi @Alethia
    Iam new to this forum and signed in here just to receive answers and advice from you as I went through the various solutions,answers and concluded the query handling was pretty impresive.
    So here I go, my issue is that last year in the month of nov my Schengen visa got rejected,yes its a long time but I want to know that why it was rejected as i want to apply again this year.
    Iam a lady from India who works in a semi govt reputed bank and I applied for the East europe tourist visa along with my husabnd through travel agency named "thomas cook"( which is no 1 travel agency in india).My visa got rejected stating the reason"Your intentions to leave the territory of the memeber states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained".
    The embassy through which the visa was applied was Hungary embassy and the documents which were submitted are as follows
    1.passport and copies of both of us
    2.Bank account statement of last 6 monnths( for both)
    3. Leave letter and Noc letter (sealed) from our respective employers for both of us which also mentioned the leave dates and returning dates and even the no of years we have been serving for the companies
    (My husabnd works as creative visualiser for an advertising company})
    4. All the flights,insurance,iternary, hotel stay proofs(although all these was arranged by the travel agency)
    5.pay slips for the last 6 months and 3 years Income tax returns for both of us
    6. proof of funds in our account that how we got it, mainly through fixed deposits , some was Life Insurance interest in bulk and some were savings.
    7.Marriage certificate

still the visa got rejected , can you please help me out to figure out what went wrong as i Iam so much under confindent now that till now i have not applied again.
    Moreover I was a first time traveller

• @psshreya
    The reason you were refused is because the caseworker did not believe you would return back to India.

Thomas Cook is a well known travel agent/tour operator in the UK so I am really surprised that they were not more proactive in showing the travel dates on your itinerary.

All the documents you submitted were excellent. Do you own your own home or property?
    If so you could provide evidence of that.

I also think you should book a Thomas Cook tour instead of travelling as independent travellers as it is your first time in Europe.

• @Alethia
    Thanks for your suggestion,yes even I made out from the visa denial reason that they thought that we might not return back to India but the Itinerary actually had the dates on it which were 6th nov to 13th nov along with the hotel dates,names and on which date where we will stay and where we will move along with the departure and return flight tickets

NOC aslo has dates on it,still they think that we will not come back makes me underconfident that now how much better documenatation could be made.

Unfortunately I do not own any property till now

Moreover it was not just first time in Europe ,it was my first time outside India as I was married last year only and in India single girls taking abroad trip is very unconventional.

Booking Thomas cook seems very cheated as they promised us tour travel 100% and could not process our visa although I know that its fully prerogative of the embassy but before boooking they were 100% confident that we will be selected. We lost Rs 50,000.

Even one day before our biometric scheduled date at the VFS global ,Thomas cook called us and informed us that the biometric is cancelled as the embassy is not ready for anymore travellers,after two days they again called when we showed our displeausre over that situation that we can now go for the biometric and just one day before our departure we received our denial letter that too when we ourseleves showed up at the VFS .

This makes me think of one more possibility that the embassy actually has decided not to entertain any one after a certain date but then after the pressure of the travel agency they allowed the formality( I could be wrong though in making such assumption) along with us there was one family which was ahead of us in the thomas cook tourist list they were aslo denied with the same reason on the same day ( he was a surgeon).

• @psshreya
    Thousands of people apply for Schengen visas every day and it is not unusal for VFS or an embassy to put a hold on applications or appointments because they are over loaded with work. Hungary is not a very friendly country in my opinion.

Europe has now tightened up due to the overwhelming amount of refugees and migrants that arrive every day, the are now very dubious about applications from people in poor countries. I see this every day , its very sad but a fact of life.
    Can I suggest you go on a cruise, as people on cruises rarely need a visa because of the short time they are on land or travel to non European countries.
    You do not need a visa for North Cyprus, which is a very nice place.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Indian_citizens
  • Thanks for the suggestion ,yes iam travelling to as asian country very soon,can I apply for an europeon country after that ,will that increase my credibility as a traveller.

I actually always dreamt of visiting west european country lik france,portugal,spain ,italy ,poland,denmark,germany,netherlands.
    Can you suggest me a friendly european country in Terms of Visa processing
  • @psshreya
    There is no "friendly" European country for visas. The more you do travel will increase your credibility.
  • @Alethia
    This post refers to my earlier and above posts dated 30th may 2017 where I detailed my visa denial to East Europe last year inspite of all correct documentation(Iam an Indian passport holder).

Reason quoted by the Hungary embsassy was as follows:
    "Your intentions to leave the territory of the memeber states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained".

Reason quoted by you after reading my post was as follows.
    "Europe has now tightened up due to the overwhelming amount of refugees and migrants that arrive every day, the are now very dubious about applications from people in poor countries. I see this every day , its very sad but a fact of life.Can I suggest you go on a cruise, as people on cruises rarely need a visa because of the short time they are on land or travel to non European countries."

One of the reason which was estimated out was lack of any travel history in my passport.
    I visited Thailand with my husband last to last week ( first abroad visit of both of us)
    and I really enjoyed it ,I enjoy travelling and now iam planning to visit greece.

Would like to have a suggestion from you that after submitting all the documents would you see any possibility of my visa issuance now from Greek embassy as last year It was rejected without any valid reason from hungary embassy .

As when i google "easiset schengen countries to get visa" I get the following
    "

These twin countries are followed by Estonia with a 99% rate, Slovakia 98.4%, Poland 98.3%, Greece with 98% and Luxembourg 97.9%.
    Read more at https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/10-easiest-schengen-countries-to-obtain-a-schengen-visa/#6um6FXe6vaQVcdJm.99"

I am getting desperate to visit Europe because I always wanted too moreover one more point which i forget to mention last time,our visa was refused but there was not a single stamp or ink on our passport( it was blank),refusal was only on the letter received
  • @psshreya
    Please dont believe what you read on the internet about "easiest Schengen countries" it is not true.
    I dont no why your bothered there is no refusal on your passport. Your immigration history is on VIS the visa information system shared by all Schengen countries regarding visa applications. So no matter where you make your next application they will be aware of your last application and refusal.
    I have no tips, short cuts or suggestions, make your application to the Greek embassy and good luck.
  • ok thankss a lot