Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

We have plan to get marry in Philippines

Hi I am Filipina my boyfriend is Turkish but, he is working now in England. Next year he is planning to marry me in Philippines, what he needs for him to bring before entering in Philippines, and what we need for him to bring me in his country Turkey, I hope someone help us


  • @bebskim
    Turkish citizens do not require a visa to enter the Philippines, they are granted 30 days upon entering at the airport.

    To marry he will need his passport and trhe following documents.

    When he arrives in the Phillipines he will need to go to the Turkish embassy in Manila and obtain a Certificate of Legal Capacity. This certificate is evidence that he is free to marry.
    Turks carry an ID card known as a kimlik, that shows their marriage status, so it should not be a problem to obtain the certificate.

    If he has been married before he will need to bring his final divorce decree or spouses death certificate translated in to English.

    The original or certified copy of his birth certificate.

    Marriage applicants who are aged 18 to 21 must have parental consent in writing, those aged 21 to 25 must have written parental advice (a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple’s intent to marry).

    Passport photos

    There is a ten-day waiting period before the marriage license is issued by the registrar’s office. This period is prescribed by law to inform the public about the pending license application and to give the local civil registrar an opportunity to entertain any objections to the upcoming marriage.

    For you to live in Turkey after your marriage you will need to apply for a visa as the wife of a Turkish citizen at the Turkish embassy in Manila. Please be aware that foreign nationals even those married to Turkish citizens cannot work in Turkey unless they have a work permit.
Sign In or Register to comment.