Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Living in Croatia with Croation wife - visa for Germany?

edited July 5 in - Tunisia
i will get married with croitian girl and we have to not stay there to go to germany is right that is not allowed for me to go any countrie only after 5 years in croitia ?
Tagged:

Comments

• @midovic
    Your fiancee is an EU national therefore if she lives and works in another EU country you will be granted a 5 year residence permit from the country she lives in.
    For example if she lives and works in Germany you will be given a 5 year residence permit by Germany and after 5 years in Germany you will be granted permanent residence.

You do not have to live in Croatia for 5 years, you do not have to live in Croatia at all. Once you are granted the 5 year German residence permit you can travel with that permit to any Schengen country.
  • mean just my wife need to go germany after i will come to her or need stay some time in croatia then move to germany ?
  • edited July 5
    @midovic
    Your wife needs to go to Germany and find a job and somewhere to live then you apply for the EU spouse visa at the German embassy office in Tunis.
    You do not need to live in Croatia
  • ah okay thank u very much
  • @midovic why you dont apply for croatian visa ?
    @Alethia if his wife go to germany and get job there how long she have to work there , what are the requirement for her in order to sponsor his husband or spouse or this process is guaranteed and what documents she needs i'm asking cause i got same situation to wife is polish and they r not granting visa , sucks
  • edited July 5
    @FarazH
    An EU national can work in any EU country as long as they want exactly the same as if it was their own country. Directive 2004/38/EC guarantees the rights of EU nationals and their non EU spouses to live and work in any EU state
    @FarazH, I am surprised you and your wife did not look into the problems of a visa etc before you married. You need to understand that Poland is a right wing Christian country and you are a Pakistani muslim. I believe this is why you cannot get a visa.

@midovic and his wife probably want to go to Germany as the opportunity to work is better.
  • yes at first i will go to croatian and if didnt work in croatia we think to move to germany but her friend she say that ur husband must stay in croatia 5 years then can move to germany and that surprise me
  • edited July 5
    @midovic
    Your friend is wrong you do not have to stay in Croatia for five years you can move to another EU country any time you like.
  • i need to get visa to go other countrie ?
  • @midovic
    You do need to apply for a visa but as the husband of an EU national the visa cannot be refused and the visa is free
  • mean i go ambassy exempl germany in zagreb and get visa from there ?
  • edited July 5
    @midovic
    If you are married and living in Croatia you apply for a Schengen visa at the German Embasssy in Zagreb
  • @Alethia i given them documents when i applied we was naive i gave them wedding receipts wedding cards all the expenses which happened during wedding they putted allegation on me i provided altered documents fraudulent documents i shared with them cards me and my exchanged since 2012 birthday valentine day and rest

it was the first time we applied i didnt know they r so cruel

second time we applied and understand how this visa system works
    we gave them documents which was required only

second time i got objections purpose justification is not determined and intention to leave the country could not be ascertained

due to think if my wife go and settle in germany 1st time objections would create a mess?
  • @Alethia Ma'am i meant to say , my wife go germany and she have a job there how long it will take her 2 month 3 month 4 month ? to sponsor me from there ? what are the requirement she have to fulfill ? what documents she needs to apply from germany ? any idea?

ur so right poland is anti immigrants country
  • edited July 6
    @FarazH
    As soon as your wife has proof of her employment accomodation and bank statement showing her salary she can apply to sponsor you.
    This could take one or two months three at the most.
    Documents you need to apply are -
    1. Payslips
    2. Employers letter
    3. Bank statements
    4. Marriage certificate and a translated and certified copy in German
    5. Certified copy of your wifes passport and letter from German authorities.
    You do not need health insurance
    If you were to be refused which is highly unlikely then this time you would have appeal rights.
  • @Alethia thank you Ma'am
  • edited July 6
    @Alethia

what about this question Ma'am ?

i given them documents when i applied we was naive i gave them wedding receipts wedding cards all the expenses which happened during wedding they putted allegation on me i provided altered documents fraudulent documents i shared with them cards me and my exchanged since 2012 birthday valentine day and rest

it was the first time we applied i didn't know they r so cruel

second time we applied and understand how this visa system works
    we gave them documents which was required only

second time i got objections purpose justification is not determined and intention to leave the country could not be ascertained

due to think if my wife go and settle in germany 1st time objections would create a mess?
  • @FarazH
    I already explained that as the spouse of an EU national who is working in another EU state you cannot be refused a visa.
    Your past immigration refusals should not affect any EU spouse application