Any Muslim American women travel abroad for marriage
I am African American living in US. I converted to Islam a couple years ago and I want to marry a Muslim. I asked around to some Muslim locals on how to get married but no one offered much help. I wanted to follow Islamic ways and i so I looked to online matrimonial sites for Muslims (terrible experience) I did become interested in a Pakistani Muslim man and we have talked and video chat for 2 years! (nothing intimate at all)
1. I ask about polygamy and multiple wives - he said never, he could only handle one wife
2. I ask could he come to US to visit me- he said he is waiting on family visa to come to US (his brother is in us military,and married to American Muslim) but it can take years. So he invited me to come to Pakistan.
3. We have same goals of having a family, children, working on our career goals together.
4. He wants to move to US, I want to live abroad, but staying in US is fine too. We decided to travel more for me.
5. We are both 26, he has never had girlfriend due to pakistan culture... but
6. I have 7 year old child. He has no problem and excited about joining families
7. His family, according to him is very excited to meet me and he has told them when I come we will marry, they don't speak English.
So now I have passport and visa to visit Pakistan. He asked could we get married while I am there. I agreed but i keep thinking it is too crazy to marry someone this way. Could he just be using me to get to US faster? We have never met before, have I made a mistake agreeing to marry before I met him face to face? Also, I feel like I'm doing a lot of work for our relationship... I'm flying there ($200 for passport, $200 for visa, $1600 for flight, 2 weeks away from daughter and out of work) , marrying away from my family, eventually I'll need time and money for marriage visa, then I have to help him get on feet here... any advice?