Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

What country of Schengen zone should I get a visa?

My husband and I are going to have a cruise. Place of embarkation and disembarkation will be in Italy and we decided to extend 3 days in Italy.
according to our itinerary
Day 1: Rome (embarkation)
Day 2: At Sea
Day 3: Palma DE Malloca, Spain
Day 4: Cartagena, UK
Day 5: Lisbon Portugal
Day 6: Seville (Cadiz) Spain
Day 7: At Sea
Day 8: Ibiza Spain
Day 9: Barcelona, Spain
Day 10: Provence, France
Day 11: At Sea
Day 12: Rome (embarkation)
Day 13-15: Rome (3 days extension)

According to Schengen rules, you will apply in the country where u will stay longer. With this Itinerary, will Stay 5 days in Spain (if I will also consider Day 7 'at sea' part of Spain territory & Will stay 7 days in Italy (if I will include the day 2 & day 11 'at Sea' as part of Italian territory.

My question is, am I counting the days properly with corresponding country? and which of the 2 country should I get a visa? I am from USA, a green card holder only.

I need your help please. Thank you for your help.



  • @Bloom123
    You need to apply to Italy because not only is this the country you will stay longest but also your point of entry and exit.
    Enjoy your cruise.
Sign In or Register to comment.