Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

How to obtain single status certificate from India while overseas

This discussion was created from comments split from: Documents attestation for Tunisia marriage.

Comments

• Aslema Alethia and Mozak, not sure if this is an active thread anymore. Just checking the waters.

I'm an Indian citizen living in US trying to get single status certificate. Last I checked with authorities in india, they made this sound like a cert needs to be obtained from mars(that difficult). AFAIK for Indian system I need to jump through hoops to get anything.

Do you know anyone who was able to obtain this cert without physically present in india. I've got everything else but the single status certificate. Could you please pm their contact details?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
    Azhar
  • edited August 24
    Azhar, unless it's a personal situation it's not fair or proper to ask someone on the forum to private message you with advice.

It's a public forum with volunteer members, no one here is your personal lawyer or advisor. All questions and answers should help everyone who reads the forum.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • @Azhar
    You should be able to get this document from the Indian Embassy in Tunis it is after all only a sworn affidavit.
  • Alethia, thanks for the prompt response. This is a good option. Do you know if I need to provide any document or evidence for the embassy to give affidavit. I will call the embassy in Tunis as well to see what they say.

Terry, I understand your concern, please hold your horses. The details are already discussed in this thread for my question. It was listed as straightforward affair but I had difficulties getting it in india.
  • "... Terry, I understand your concern, please hold your horses. The details are already discussed in this thread for my question. It was listed as straightforward affair but I had difficulties getting it in india..."

None of that has anything whatsoever to do with my post.

My only point was that asking someone to private message you answers isn't polite.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • @Azhar - I don't understand why you can't get this at the Embassy in the US?? @Alethia also suggested that you can have it in Tunis, however, it can take sometime here.........try the US first is my advice.
  • I went to Indian embassy in Tunis last week. They can only provide a no objection to marry certificate. It does not say single certificate. Will this ceritificate suffice?
  • @Azhar
    A no objection to marry certificate is the same as a single status certificate. These documents have different nanes all of the world but basically say your free to marry