Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Schengen Business Visa Refusal

edited August 28 in Visa and Passport
Hi, I had recently applied for Schengen Business visa through Malta embassy but unfortunately visa has been rejected stating "Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained" , I sent a mail requesting for the reason and if any other supporting docs to be attached,got a reply stating as we cannot mention the reason for refusal and cannot comment on which other supporting documents required to be furnished,however applicant is free to reapply for the visa. Appeals have to be submitted within 15 working days of notification. After a week later, i again reapplied with all the same official documents along with self declaration that i am not a potential immigrant and would return back to my country before the visa expires.

But to my bad luck , they have sent back my application along with the passport that i cannot reapply but can appeal to the board. Does it says i cannot reapply at all or cannot reapply within 15 days of refusal. I'm not clear.
Could you please help me to get the visa.

Thank you in Advance

Comments

• @Deniedvisa
    I dont understand your story.
    You were given the reason why you were refused. The Maltese did not believe you would leave at the end of your visit.
    Did you make a fresh application with a payment?

When you make a visa application you must show documentary evidence of ties to your country of residence. You cant just write a self serving letter.
  • Hello Alethia,

Based on the information received from vfs helpline Malta, i made a fresh application with a payment but the application was rejected again as the procedure is to appeal and get a clearance from the appeal board.
    If i do not appeal , am i eligible to apply in the future and get Schengen Visa through Malta embassy or any other embassy.

"When you make a visa application you must show documentary evidence of ties to your country of residence. You cant just write a self serving letter."
    How would i justify my case ,what kind of documentary evidence of ties to country of residence should i provide . Could you please explain .

Thank you
  • Hi, Deniedvisa

Proving ties to your country can be done by providing proof of residence (a utility bill or bank statement that displays both your name and home address), proof of employment (a signed letter from your employer stating that you work for them, and payslips bearing your name), and lastly, and most critically, you must include a copy of your plane tickets/booking confirmation of tickets for your flight home from Malta.

Here is a list of everything you need in order to obtain your Schengen business visa from Malta.
  • edited August 28
    Hi Luke ,
    Thanks for replying.
    This is the checklist i have followed and submitted all the documents as mentioned in the checklist but still visa got rejected.

If i do not appeal , am i eligible to apply in the future and get Schengen Visa through Malta embassy or any other embassy?

• Hi, @Deniedvisa

@Alethia is much more knowledgeable about the intricacies of the visa process. However, why would you not want appeal that decision?
  • edited August 28
    Hi Luke,

Based on the mail i received from VFS Helpdesk i was suggested to reapply for a refused case. I re-applied with all docs , high commission sent back my applications stating as to appeal and obtain a clearance.
    Now I had been asked to appeal to appeals board along with all the documents to be certified as true copies by a lawyer or Notary Public or other official at Embassy within 15 working days.
    Now I have only 2 days to appeal.
  • @Deniedvisa
    The checklist on the VFS website is only a guideline. VFS and other companies like TLS are agents for the various countries they have nothing whatsoever to do with the visa process or decisions.They should not be giving any kind of visa advice.
    You can appeal. Schengen appeals differ from country to country . Some appeals are handled efficiently some dissapear.
    If you do not appeal you have every right to reapply Malta or any other Schengen country
  • Hi Alethia,
    Thanks for the reply

one last question,if i appeal how long does it take to get clearance from the appeal board as my travel is on sept mid week.
    If i appeal or do not appeal will this visa rejection affects me in the future travel to any of the Schengen countries.

Thank you
  • @Deniedvisa
    There is no time frame for a Schengen Appeal.
    It is at the discretion of each country.
    A visa rejection is not supposed to have any effect on future apolications
  • Thanks a lot for providing valuable information.
    I have sent an appeal through mail with all documents attached.
    Hope that i get a positive reply as soon as possible.