Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

How can my British friend divorce Algerian man if they were married in Tunisia

edited October 2017 in - Tunisia
Hello I am hating the fact that I am writing this. My friend has asked to to get information about divorcing her Algerian husband. They have only been married for 1 year, they married in Tunisia 14 October last year and now she wants to divorce him. She is British and he Algerian she has asked him to send papers for it and he said no - how does she go about doing this if he is refusing to send papers for divorce? Many thanks.


  • edited October 2017
    If your friend has the original marriage certificate then she can divorce him in the UK. She does not need any documents from him. Tunisian weddings are legally recognised in the UK, so there is no problem to divorce in the UK.
    Many solicitors have fixed fees for divorces and if she is on a low income or benefits she may not have to pay the court fees
  • ohh ok though she have to travel,so much easier thank you
Sign In or Register to comment.