Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Nigerian scam

My sister married a Nigerian he told her he lived her and she loves him. It's been 2 months now and we haven't seen or heard from him. I told my sis it was a scam can she get divorced without him

Comments

• @inkspot1
    It depends on the divorce laws of the country where you live. Some countries also have a waiting period before you can divorce. In what country is your sister resident?
  • Chicago, IL,
  • @inkspot1
    To divorce in Chicago Illinois USA your sister only needs to reside in the state for 90 days prior to applying for the divorce.Your sister can divorce her Nigerian husband.

Under Illinois law your sister will sign an affidavit stating she looked for her husband to the best of her ability, the divorce then proceeds on what is called a default divorce.
    In a default divorce, the Respondent (her Nigerian husband) does not do anything, and the Petitioner (your sister) is granted a divorce by default.

If your sister cannot afford to pay an expensive attorney she can seek advice from Legal Aid and Law clinics in Chicago. As an uncontested divorce she can file the divorce herself.
    All the best to you both.
  • Thank you so much Alethia, I really appreciate you and my sis will be happy for the excellent afvice.