Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Bahrain citizenship for my daughter

This discussion was created from comments split from: Taking my child here in bahrain.

Comments

• I am married to a Bahraini recently and I already have the wife residency visa of Bahrain. Now I am trying to get my daughter's visa who is aged13, and she is from my first husband. My husband (now her stepfather) submitted all the required papers to obtain the step-daughter's dependent visa, we also providing her biological father's no objection letter while applying for it. But it is rejected twice and the authorities do not give an reason for the rejection. Can you please help us in this regards. Whom should I consult to try and sort this out. I cannot leave my daughter back home and come and join my husband in Bahrain to settle here with him unless I can bring my daughter also with me to Bahrain to live with me.
    Thank you.
  • edited November 13
    @BanuA
    What is your nationality and your daughters nationality ? Why did you not apply for residence for you and your daughter at the same time?
    Did you supply any documents from a court regarding your daughter from the country where she resides?
  • As usual on this forum you're asking for complicated Immigration/Visa answers and you don't even bother to supply such basic information as nationality.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Sorry!! our nationality is Indian. My husband also was Indian but now naturalized Bahraini. He thought it would be easier if I first got my (wife's) visa and then apply for my daughter lest both our visas get rejected if we applied for both at the same time. So a few months back I got mine, and now we are trying for my daughter and it is rejected twice now.
  • I am working in Saudi and my daughter lives with me here in Saudi. So when initially I had got her into Saudi, we had got her father's no objection letter (attested by Saudi Embassy in India) and submitted all the required paperwork they requested here to get her in Saudi. We submitted the same no objection letter of the father which has all the seals.
  • @BanuA
    You should have applied for both visas at the same time you should never leave a child behind.
    You cannot do this alone you now need to take advice from a Bahraini lawyer, who discover the resons for refusal and address them.

A man who wishes to sponsor his wife's son or daughter must submit to the relevant department a no objection letter from the father of the children that he agrees that his son or daughter can be sponsored by their stepfather who lives in Bahrain
    The letter must be approved and be legally binding and should be signed and stamped by the proper authority in the child's home country. It should also be approved by the Bahrain Embassy in the country of the child and also by the foreign ministry.

Good luck