Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Spouse visa uk relationship requirements

British passport holder here.
Hi there..i am stuck on what to do .il explain the full story
I met my partner 4 years ago online in 2013 ..then one year later we met in person. Our families were not happy with this relationship but we did not stop communicating and were still a couple.

We tried to get our families approval for marriage but they refused. We broke up for a few months in 2016. And in that time he applied for student visa for canada and got refused twice. We then got back together this year. And our families have approved and we can get married. We are planning to get married in january 2018. And planning to apply for spouse visa march or april 2018.

I understand that it may seem to the
immigration officer that my partner is coming back to me after he got refused from canada but it is not the case. We are both muslim and our families did not allow us to meet again until we are married. So it is in a way arranged but then again its not. I earn more than 18600 per year and have evidence of communication with my partner from 2013 till now. But we have not lived together. We are planning to spend more time in his home country once we are married and then i will come back to uk and he will apply for spouse visa. Please if anyone can give us advise on what the best thing to do is I would really appreciate and i can face the truth so please go ahead.
@Alethia

Comments

• edited November 2017
    @tostos
    No one exoects you to live together before you marry (not sure where that came from).
    You dont need to spend a lot of time in his country as you will not be employed and you need 6 months consecutive bank statements and payslips for the spouse visa.
    Once you are married you can apply for the spouse visa
    I suggest you seek advice from an immigration lawyer as UK spouse applications are very complex.
    The refusal of a Canadian student visa should not affect his application for a spouse visa.
  • edited November 2017
    Thabks a lot for your response @Alethia . It is really appreciated. I did not mention that in the 4 years weve been together we only met once and that the next time were meeting itll be to get married. Im just really worried that the immigration officers may not see that lightly and refuse us on that basis. I will be in his home country for 4 weeks. Would anyone be able to recommend any good immigration lawyers who can help me. Thanks a lot.
  • I only said about the living together part before marriage as i had read somewhere that the applicants mist have lived togther for 2 years akin to marriage ...so got a bit confused
  • @tostos
    I only said about the living together part before marriage as i had read somewhere that the applicants mist have lived togther for 2 years akin to marriage ...so got a bit confused
    This has nothing at all to do with the marriage visa.
    The fact that you will have only met only twice before marriage does not matter as long as you have proof of communication.
    What city do you live closest to?
  • @Alethia i live in west london..
  • edited November 2017
    @tostos
    This is the link for the OISC ( Office of the Immigration Services Commissiioner) who regulate all immigration advisors in the UK .
    https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser
    Click on the link and find an immigration lawyer in your area. Put in your post code and you want a Level 3 advisor for immigration advice
    Good luck