Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Refused Visa on Italy

Hi, my family and I are going to Europe this Christmas and my sister is part of my household but she got denied in spite of submitting a complete the required documents. It felt it was unfair. We feel so sad leaving her and her daughter behind. I made an affidavit of support for her submitting my capacity to cover for her and her daughter... and a guarantee letter that she will come back and she is a regular employee with reasonable salary too. Can she reapply instead of an appeal? I was thinking or changing our itinerary but me and my husband and 2 kids was granted a Visa already. Can I apply for a new one in France?

Comments

• @lavander0601
    You and you family have visa DO NOT jeopardise your families visa. Your visa can be cancelled and you can be refused next time you apply.
    You sister should reapply she needs to strong ties to your home country.if she has no job or income how can she show this ?
  • She has a stable since 2016 and she submitted Certificate of employment, ITR and approved leave from her company plus an affidavit of support from me. She has 300,000 savings in her bank. In her interview the interviewer which is also a Pilipino is questioning where did she get her money. She doesn't have much expenses because she lives with me and we support her child's tuition fee. That's why she was able to save. She even submitted her 1 year bank statement. I really feel sad because we are all excited to spend Christmas in Europe :( Is this something to do with her being a single mom?
  • Anyway, how long can she reapply? Will It help if I write and vouch for my sister that we will go back in the Philippines together. We will just spend Christmas there.
  • @Alethia She has a stable since 2016 and she submitted Certificate of employment, ITR and approved leave from her company plus an affidavit of support from me. She has 300,000 savings in her bank. In her interview the interviewer which is also a Pilipino is questioning where did she get her money. She doesn't have much expenses because she lives with me and we support her child's tuition fee. That's why she was able to save. She even submitted her 1 year bank statement. I really feel sad because we are all excited to spend Christmas in Europe :( Is this something to do with her being a single mom?
    Anyway, how long can she reapply? Will It help if I write and vouch for my sister that we will go back in the Philippines together. We will just spend Christmas there.
  • @lavander0601
    I do believe she was refused because she is a single mother. When you reapply which can do imediately. Put a cover letter from you with a copy of your passport and visa explaining your sisters circumstances and vouch that she will return.
  • @Alethia Thank you for your advice. I will do that immediately.
  • @Alethia Do you think it will help if I attach the approved Petition of my sister in the US? My mother petitioned her and her daughter and it was approved already last 2012.
  • @lavander0601
    What has a petition for the USA from 2012, five years ago, to do with this application?
    I cannot see the relevance.
  • @Alethia
    it was a petition for immigrant. It got approved in 2012 so she is just waiting for a visa notice from the USA because my mother is a US citizen. She petitioned my sister so she can live with her. if she do illegal immigration in Italy she will jeopardize her petition from my mother in the US.
  • @lavanader0601
    Five years is a long time to wait for a visa.
    However if you want to use this to help obtain a visa submit the document and mention it in the cover letterk