Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Schengen tourist visa: Work details of spouse accompanying short term work permit traveler

I am an Indian passport holder, planning travel to Belgium on a work permit in the month of February. Since it is a short term work permit, my wife plans to accompany me for a brief period so that we can roam around much of Europe during the weekends. We are planning to apply for a regular tourist visa for her, enclosing my work permit details in her cover letter too.

Incidentally she happens to leave her current job at about the same time and plans to join a new job once she is back. I do understand because of the above clause she won't be able to present a letter of no-objection from employer (approval of leave for travel), as she would effectively be jobless during that brief time.

However we do plan to present her financial holdings (bank statements, income tax fillings from previous years, insurance policies etc.) along with her visa application.

Does anybody think that her visa application case might still be a shaky one because of missing a current employment letter?

Comments

• @akashm
    Firstly you should be applying for a visa as the family member of a work permit holder not a visitor..
    If you insist on applying for a visit visa you may encounter problems if you fail to submit an employers letter
  • @Alethia Thanks for responding. DO you mean i should select category as "Other" and should specify : 'family member of a work permit holder'? And if I do so, the employer letter for my wife is not mandatorily needed?
  • @akashm
    That is correct