Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

What is the best way to travel from England to Scotland?

Hey everyone. I'm going to be in the UK in a few months and I'm really keen to check out Scotland as well. What is the best way to travel from one country to the next. I'm thinking mostly about travelling from London to Edinburgh. :)
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Sam,

Sounds great, a trip to Scotland should definitely be worthwhile. There are plenty of options when travelling between London and Edinburgh, it all depends on your budget and what kind of experience you're looking for.

The cheapest choice has got to be taking a coach (bus), which will set you back around £26 and will take 9 hours, more or less. Renting a car and splitting the petrol costs with friends is also be a feasible option, you'll have the opportunity to stop along the way and visit the Lake District, the trip should take around 7 hours.

Journeying by train can be a fun experience and can take anything from 4 hours 20 min to over 8 hours on a sleeper train. Flying can be well-priced depending on when you book, generally around £50-£80, before you factor in the transport to the airport and back, extra luggage costs etc.

Hope that helps!

• @SamWilso .... take the train from London KingsX direct to Edinburgh. It is a much more comfortable journey than the bus. The station is in the heart of the city and renovated to high standards.