Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Budget for stay in Latin America. I need advice.

edited February 8 in - Central America
I want to go for a Latin American tour but I’m on a limited budget. Aside from financial issues, my vacation time is also limited. I can’t spend a whole month away from work. I just need some time to unwind in Latin America. I chose that route for my getaway because my brother said it was nice, he enjoyed it a lot. I want my own fun too, but within my set budget.

How expensive are the commodities in Latin America? Any suggestions on where to stay? I need something affordable but does not sacrifice comfort. Can anyone help me come up with a good budget guide?I need advice. Thank you guys.

Comments

• edited February 8
    If you’re travelling across South America, a good rule of thumb is that you’ll need about $1000 a month, though this depends greatly on which countries you’ll spend most of your time. A figure of $1000 per month is a reasonable starting point for a shoestring budget for the region. Visit predominantly the Andean region of Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia and you can get by on less. Spend more time in the South of the continent or Brazil and you will probably need more than this. there are many options for reduce your budget.
  • Impossible to answer when you give zero info where you want to travel to.

Latin America is a HUGE piece of real estate with lots of different countries that vary wildly in price.

Cheers,
    Terry