Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Uk spouse visa

Hi I am living in Abu Dhabi . I married with a UK citizen and now I am applying for a spouse visa. I did my TB test last month from a UK register clinic. So this will be acceptable in UAE . And do I need a police clearance certificate if I am applying form Abu Dhabi . And should I need to submit my bank statement also?
My wife is earning £18600 .

Comments

• @shahinshah
    A police clearance certificate is good as it meets the equirements of the UK immigratiion rules. The fact you live in the UAE is irrelevant these rules apply to every one applying for a UK settlement visa.
    If your wife is earning £18600 then there is no need to give your bank statement.

Please read this section from Appendix FM of the UK immigration rules.

Section S-EC: Suitability-entry clearanceS-EC.1.1.

The applicant will be refused entry clearance on grounds of suitability if any of paragraphs S-EC.1.2. to 1.9. apply.

S-EC.1.2. The Secretary of State has personally directed that the exclusion of the applicant from the UK is conducive to the public good.

S-EC.1.3. The applicant is currently the subject of a deportation order.

S-EC.1.4. The exclusion of the applicant from the UK is conducive to the public good because they have:

(a) been convicted of an offence for which they have been sentenced to a period of imprisonment of at least 4 years; or
    (b) been convicted of an offence for which they have been sentenced to a period of imprisonment of at least 12 months but less than 4 years, unless a period of 10 years has passed since the end of the sentence; or
    (c) been convicted of an offence for which they have been sentenced to a period of imprisonment of less than 12 months, unless a period of 5 years has passed since the end of the sentence.
    S-EC.1.5. The exclusion of the applicant from the UK is conducive to the public good because, for example, the applicant’s conduct (including convictions which do not fall within paragraph S-EC.1.4.), character, associations, or other reasons, make it undesirable to grant them entry clearance.

S-EC.1.8. The applicant left or was removed from the UK as a condition of a caution issued in accordance with section 22 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 less than 5 years prior to the date on which the application is decided.

S-EC.1.9. The Secretary of State considers that the applicant’s parent or parent’s partner poses a risk to the applicant. That person may be considered to pose a risk to the applicant if, for example, they - –

(a) have a conviction as an adult, whether in the UK or overseas, for an offence against a child;
    (b) are a registered sex offender and have failed to comply with any notification requirements; or
    (c) are required to comply with a sexual risk order made under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 and have failed to do so.
  • Thankyou very much for a quick reply really appreciate it . So I need to take the police clearance certificate from UAE or from Pakistan.

Thankyou
  • @shahinshah
    As you are not a UAE citizen I would have police certificates from Pakistan and UAE
  • So you mean I need from both counties the certificate?
  • @shahinshah
    You are a Pakistani citizen living and working in the UAE.
    I sent you the immigration rules, these are mandatory so rules. So I suggest you provide both certificates.