Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Directive 2004/38/ec

i am pakistani wife polish , want to confirm that when lodging an application under directive
what documents we submit

my wife will be here in pakistan so i submit her passport as well with my visa form ?
she is not the applicant for eu country i am, but her passport submission is required ?

and her birth certificate is required ? i will submit my but her birth certificate is required ?

Comments

• @Alethia can you please guide
  • i am on same boat , please let me know which documents r required ?
  • @FarazH and @ArsalanZ l
    Please tell me what is your wife's natiionalities and what EU country are they are living and working, this is important
  • wife is polish and living in poland she will be here in pakistan in summer and we r going to apply under directive what documents are required her birth certificate is required or my birth certificate

i am extremely thankful to you that you replied , do we need her POLISH birth certificate and my PAKISTANI birth certificate , we both have it but we dont have translation of it , is it necessary ??? embassy requires documents in their specific language , just want to make sure if it is needed wife is still in Poland soon she be here better to translate from Poland
  • @FarazH
    You cannot apply under the provisions of Directive 2004/38/ec because your wife is living and working in her own country Poland.

To qualify under Directive 2004/38/ec your wife needs to be living and working in another EU country such as Germany, Spai, France etc

You need to apply for a visa for Poland in the form of a Schengen Visa D
    Birth certificates are not required
  • Maam she will be in pakistan in summer and we both planning to go another eu country lets say , france or spain in that manner we r eleigible for directive ?
  • To qualify under Directive 2004/38/ec your wife needs to be living and working in another EU country such as Germany, Spai, France etc

dont ya think if we apply from pakistan for eu country we will get visa ? no poland but except poland in eu
  • edited February 28
    @FarazH
    Your wife must be living and working in an EU country to apply for a visa (family permit) for you under Directive 2004/38/EC
  • @Alethia Maam , i read its possible that we can go together to any eu country , in directive it is mention as ACCOMPANY with eu national , let me rephrase she be here in PAKISTAN in summer and we apply for italy under directive , together , we will be travelling italy together , what are ya views on it ?
  • @FarazH
    You are talking about a Schengen tourist visa to Italy when you and your wife travel together for a holiday, that is possible and you cannot be refused.

If you want to live permanently with your wife in Europe you must apply for a family Polish visa as your wife lives in Poland.

or you can use Directive 2004/38/EC to live with your wife in another EU country where she is living and working.
    Please stop writing in upper case Thank you

• sorry for the uper text maam ,

schengen visa c 90 days and in purpose will be (others) family member of eu citizen
  • @FarazH
    You can apply for this visa