Lagos scams: pta,bta,mias

Comments

• edited 9:54AM
    Reading everyone comments on this BTA. I so glad that we can share information. I started talking with someone from a dating website iseecolor.com, he e-mail me told me he was from Brooklyn NY. He said he was in Nigerial because his mother was very sick and he had his son with him. We developed a relationship long distance telling each other what we wanted in a partner you know. then he tells me that his mom need more medication and could I send him 700.00 so she could get the medication. said no he was upset how could I do this and he wanted to come back and have me as his wife. So i did send $300.00 to him the next week he said his mom had opened her eyes and was awake and would be comming home soon and he would be out of Nigeria. He had the ticket for hisself and his son, then he tell me he lost some of his luggage on the trip. and it had documents that he need to get home. Now the only way he could get back to the states what to pay this BTA fee. So I did some research and found a site from the Nigerian goverment that said it was a scam and not to send any money. So I e-mail him the information of course, he insisted that the goverment ws worng and the airlines had nothing to do with the goverment. Just to let everyone know the scams are very real and they will still come after you by any means thay can. So be careful and lets keep sharing the information and by the way his name is Benjamin Johnson and says he lives in Brookly Ny so just be careful.
    I have been scammed by someone as well. Just beware, Peter Jason Todd, supposed to be from England or Scotland, peter.todd27@yahoo.com. I too like everyone else was too trusting. This guy is good! He had a business in the states send me a check for $1500 for some "work" he had done for a website for them. I did put the check in my account and it did clear. Then sent him a total of $3500.00 which included the money sent to me. Well, of course on the way to the airport, there was an "accident" and he was "injured", then his passport and the balance of the leftover cash he had from me was stolen. So, since he doesn't have a passport, he asked me for $500 for BTA insurance. I almost sent it, something just told me not too, cause I have already been stupid enough in sending what I had already. He has you send this money through a "travel agent" in Georgia, her name is Denise Cook. So ladies, beware!! Don't be stupid like me, this was a very expensive lesson learned!
    I am so glad to have checked on the BTA Fees, in just two weeks I sent $450 to Nigeria to a Daniel Johnson, found me on Match.com, says all of the good things a woman wants to hear. Says he is from Indiana, in Nigeria to do road construction, but the '' blacks don't want a white man to be their boss. He is waiting on $90,000 payment from the 'company', but the check won't be here until Saturday, then Friday, before Saturday, he texts me 14 times, begging for $150-i did sent $200-the bank asked questions, but ofcourse I knew what I was doing. The money was to pay for hotel and buy food, then he wanted more money to buy clothes, everything had been stolen. I did sent another $250, but felt so sick in my gut, and knew I had been scammed. The Tuesday, says he has the $90,000 check but cannot cash in Nigeria because they will think he is laundry money, and needs $1,000 for BTA. Well I am out of spendable cash, and am sick of men who want a woman to take care of them, my cat and I are enough for each other.
    Thanks to everyone for your comments. I believe in Karma and God will take care of the theives and liars.
    I have been chatting with a gal who says her mother died at berth and she was adopted on the spot. She is 32 yrs old and is working for World Help Assn. Her foster parents wer both killed in a plane crash when she was 8 yrs old. They left her an inheritance of $189,000. Make a long story short, a "lawyer" contacted me and said with the proper papers I could be her guardian and the money would be intrusted to me. So far I have spend over $4000 and she was also stuck in Abuja. She needs money toget to London where her "funds" are waiting for her Her handle is zaxzac. Anyone reconize the name?
    Justme48840 - you've spent $4000?? Say good bye to that money. You've been scammed. There is no World Help Association. There is no lawyer. And now there is no longer any $4000.
    Hello everybody, I'm French and I want to leave you my testimony: I chat on msn for 6 weeks with an english man met on the site Meetic. We often call too. He said i was an engineer in water treatment and construction of a sewage plant in Lagos Nigeria. After a very strong attraction he says I am the only one that counts for him, I am his everything. We decide to live together at home in France. Because he can not cash his check in nigeria he asked me to send him his plane ticket and the famous BTA 3200euros all for that naively I sent in cash by Western Union. I hope that my sad experience to serve someone by preventing him from losing his money and his own love. Man called JOHN NICHOLAS KEMP nicholasj96@yahoo.com
    I HAVE ALSO BEEN CHATTING WITH SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE FROM PANTHER,WEST VIRGINIA. SAYS HE IS WAS IN IBADAN,NIGERIA. SAYS HE WAS WORKING OVER THERE AS NETWORK ENGINEER FOR A YEAR ,WORK IS DONE BE COMING BACK TO THE STATES, AND THEY COULDN'T CASH HIS CHECK BECAUSE IT WAS FOR TO MUCH MONEY, NOW HE SAY''S HE'S IN AMSTERDAM STUCK THERE WITH HIS SON MIKE, AND NEEDS A BTA TO GET OUT AND ON THE PLANE TO JACKSONVILLE,FLORIDA? CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT IF THIS BTA IS TRUE? HE ALSO SAID THE GUY FROM THE HOTEL IN NIGERIA HELPED HIM PAY FOR PLANE TICKET, I RECIEVED A CALL FROM HOTEL MANAGER NAME ADELEKE OPEYEMI, SAYS HE HASN'T HEARD BACK FROM HIM EITHER, BUT WILL HELP PAY THE BASIC TRAVEL ALLOWANCE IF I SEND HIM SOME MONEY WITH HIS? I'VE BEEN DOING SOME INVESTIGATION ON THIS BTA AND SOME SAY IT IS TRUE, BUT MOST SAY IT IS SCAM? WHO AM I TO BELIEVE?
    beware of a man named charles slay . He claimed to live in Louisanna,he says he s an architect. hethen leaves on a jobin Nigeria to wrk but needs BTA money to get back to Westlake, La. he took mefor almost 5000 dollars. has any one else heard of him? a man named Steven Uzor could pick up the money because he had no Nigerian ID. He also claims to have a son name Josh.to add to my sympathy for him.
    HELLO LADIES, noone want go to police? I know one of the, so I think is always the same person, but with another name. I'm thinking in interpol o Nigeria Police.
    Are someone interesting? I think woman would help us agaist men like that.
    hi im an american woman been chatting with a supposed american man for bout a month. so he had to go to nigeria on a job. he sent me a copy of a check that he was supposely paid then on the day he was suppose to come home him and his daughter was kidnapped and he needed 2500.00 dollars to get her back i refused to send it. So then i hear from him again and he needs money 500.00 for Medicine because she is in the hospital and they wont treat her so yet again i dont send no money. So now he ims me with this BTA money that he needs 1000.00 dollars or they wont let him leave the country but he lives in Illinois and has all his papers and a paid for plane ticket so now he is mad because i refuse to send money. it is sad that they prey on people just glad that i checked into that BTA crap
    Hey there jojo....what is the name of your gentleman that you have been chatting with? I have a story similiar to yours and was just wondering if he might be the same person.
  • I have talked to a man calling himself wale johnson, he is there selling cars. He is from romainia and lives in newyork he buys cars in romainia and sells them in nigeria. he said the hotel was robbed and they took all his money now he need money to buy the permit and move the cars to the dealer to sell them so I send 100.00 then he said they want 150. to move the cars then he get paid and be on his way home. well got the cars moved and then he said the dealer paid him in cash and gave him 1000. but refused to give him anymore money so he could buy his ticket that cost 1300. well I told him that I have no more money to spare and could not help and he still talks to me all the time. I will not send him anymore money I also had a guy tell me his mom was sick that was when I decided to look into nigeria and found out what they were doing. the guy with a sick mom said he neded money to pay hospital then they were home and he would be leaveing but got a check from the states for a job but could not cash it. to make a long story short he sent me a check because I told him my address before i looked it up but I wont cash it does anyone know what i should do with the check?
  • I forgot to mention the other guys name is kelvin Vodge
  • i would suggest calling the embassy of the country that the person is in. For example, I called the Nigerian Embassy in the US and asked about the PTA/BTA. THERE IS SUCH A THING. I believe that she mentioned it was at least $1500. but, please dont take my word for it. Try to verify as much info as possible b4sending $$. Be as stingy with your $$ as they are with info. It sucks that these scammers prey on those that are just trying to find someone to love.
    I am a Nigerian female living in the States, and I am quite astonished with the amount of innocent or otherwise gullible people that live abroad.. Why would you sent anybody you don't know money, even if it is from the goodness of your heart? It baffles and upsets me that there are still people out there who are falling for these scams, and in the same breath these scammers giving my country a bad name, like it is not tarnished enough...so I am going to do a public service announcement.....
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ALMIGHTY, STOP SENDING PEOPLE MONEY ANYWHERE PERIOD!!! IT IS A SCAM, SCAM!!! PICTURES DON'T MEAN ANYTHING,IT IS USUALLY FAKE... ONCE ANYONE, MAN OR WOMAN ASK YOU FOR MONEY, PULL THE PLUG ON THE CONVERSATION!!! IT IS A SCAM!!
    Contrary to popular beliefs that Africa is the "Dark Continent", Africans, especially Dodgey Nigerians in particular are very smart and they will get your money!!! BE WARNED!!
    Desilove have you seen pics of Wale? I have the same situation...i too met a guy by the name of Wale Johnson. He promised me the world.....did he do that to you to?
    WOW has anyone met Tom Ayars yet, suppose to be from NC but originally from brazil or germany. And lived in cali too. He said he is 42, birthday nov. 12th, but I find 44 on other sites. He is an architect that travels overseas for work, in nigeria now building gas stations. Has a 14 yr old daughter named emily or mary? He is a widower, parents both died years ago,then moved to live with aunt and she raised him. Emails are coachtt@yahoo.com, ayars.tom@gmail.com and when he deleted me, BECAUSE WERE IN LOVE off of mate1.com where he found me, a site I never used, he sent me IM on yahoo one day, mustve figured out my name on site was same as yahoo. When he deleted my account and I went to see if he did, my user login email was bbzsm1@yahoo.com and funny when I run a check on the name, from emailfinder.com it comes up as a male- 25 yrs old, named ebunoluwa adeyemi allen, from lagos, nigeria oh and ironically his birthday is nov. 12th. I met TOM if thats his name, on dec 2nd and after a day he was saying he loved me, within a few days, he had left NC to go work in africa to build gas stations. And his dog BRAVO a big saint bernard, who he sent me a pic of him with. Had become ill and his dog nanny needed $300 to help save his life, he said the dog was his daughters and how sad she would be to lose her dog, and being a mom, I fell for it. I western unioned it to NC to an emily gibbs. SO maybe thats his woman? I do a search on her and only one comes up and age is 39, he said she was 59. I would swear when I talk to him on phone, that he sounds black, not to sound racist, just how he sounds to me. Anyway after I sent that, then his hotel got robbed, and they took the $750,000 in cash that he had on him, can u take that much money into nigeria? Anyone know? Says he hates banks because someone tried to identity theft him. Anyway, he got robbed, and he has his daughter with him and robbers hit her over the head with there gun and she was in hospital and very ill, he then needed money to pay doctor, as they wouldnt release her until doctor was paid, He SUPPOSEDLY had bought a plane ticket already to come to me for xmas, but he cashed it to pay part of her bill, but still needed $300, i said no. And I constantly doubted him and we fought how he was scamming me, broke up many times over it, I even went on scamming sites and reported him and I stopped talking to him for a week. But I am a HUGE fool and he talked me into being his again. He got her out of hospital, but now he was short money to return to me, he couldnt pay his wrker that are uilding the 30 gas stations, and he needed to get back to US to cash his paychecks, even sent me copys of the checks, thru email of course. Well supposedly he is do to inherit his parents 60 million dollars and sent me a video of a guy counting it. I wasnt falling for this, he couldve gotten that anywhere. I never cared if he had money, work at mcdonalds for all I care, just be good to me. I always thought it was fishy how he makes so many errors on IM and in emails, his sweet words and poems have no accent in them. Last two I got I was sure, he didnt write them, or they werent meant for me. But these guys are good, they must take classes on what to say and do, he would get mad if I ask too many questions and yet he knew everything about me, and has my personal information. At one time he wanted me to open some online accounts for him tohave friend wire money into it, so I could send to him, it seemed okay. But that didnt work out, i deposited a $1 and for some reason, account had to be empty. I dont know, that one always puzzled me, he does have my bank routing numbers, drivers license number, ss # etc and my home address. I dont know what to do about all of that? I know your suppose to report to FBI they have a special fraud/scam team.
    lets see I seen another girl on here that it seemed we have same guy. SHe didnt put his name. I have pics of his white lamborgini, parked in front of brick home, that is his germany home, he inherited from parents. Then I have 2 of his teenage daughter, long blonde hair, and extremely skinny girl. Then him in blue shirt with a tie, lookes like he had arm around someone but he cut them out of pic. Then him and his buddy mike, that just died too. And one of him in a brown jumpsuit and he is kneeling and has arm around his saint bernard dog. I have searched around and tryed to figure him out, he had facebook, but wouldnt add me, said he didnt need to, we have IM and he dont have time for that stuff. But I could contact the ONE and only person on his contact list, and she told me he had told her everything that he told me, she told me things before i said them, I knew it was true, YET like a fool i believed him and kept the online romance going. Now he is suppose to contact me in a few hours, as he needs BTA money to get home to start a life with me. He is only asking for $200, not like others mentioned, says job is done and he has airline tickets still, he just needs $200 from me, then he goes on to change it to $250, but really he needs $400 for him and daughter, but think he can sell his $1800 watch for $100 to help come up with some of it. IRONICALLY he wwas first person to warn me against scams in nigeria, I was selling a ring I know longer need on craigslist and he got mad because I didnt listen to him, when he kept telling me not to sell to someone, he suspected was a scammer. Ugh I wanted so badly to believe this goodlooking man was for real, but I am attractive and thin, and one he was talking to on facebook and so in love with, was scary looking girl and very heavy. SO I know go ahead, tell me I am an idiot, I am still debating on if I am sending him money today or not. He did tell me to wait and see if he could come up with it today or not, that someone had promised to borrow it to him, that his workers are helping him, so he can get back to states to cash his checks to send them there pay. Man am I gullable or what? Okay his name or any of this sound familiar to you ladys? I know I have enough details to never talk to him again, but its hard. Its seems dumb that you could fall in love online, for someone u never met, but it happens ALOT, right ladys? I need something good to say to him today? Curious side wants to send it and see if he comes this week, but I am afraid to too. I try to think okay by now if I was dating someone, I wouldve spent this much if not more, and I wouldve been out it anyways, do I take the gamble? Okay now dont yell at me....I am just a poor girl, head over heals in love with a sweet talking brazilian NC man...
    I have come to the conclusion that if anyone you are chatting with makes any attempt to solicit funds from you they are scammers. If it is from a dating add half the time their profile will say scammers stay away. Sometimes they draw out asking you for money. They are looking for the bigger fish. If they do it in the first couple days they are the small fries. ONLINE DATERS BEWARE. WEB CAM Confirmation does not make their story real only their existence. That simply means your not being scammed by a computer. People lie and tell you what you want to hear. This is why u should never put your income in your dating ads. Im not saying dating sites are shams. Every batch of apples has a couple bad ones. JUST BE WARY FOLKS MONEY DOES NOT EQUAL LOVE!!!
    I have read all the above comments and some sound familiar.
    I met some "gentlemen" on a friendship site. Some were just
    wanting to talk, some were looking for a sex partner and others help with family members. I was warned soon enough
    that I didn't carry out any contact with the newly widowed dad
    that wanted help for his daughter. One from Norway got cut
    off at the knees so to speak very soon. I call myself smart
    and aware of such things, but I got hooked too. The one that
    keeps contacting me had an accident on the way to the airport. He smashed his knee and shoulder. I was horrified and even got an email from the attending physician,(most unusual I say). He told me what it would cost to keep him alive until the surgery. They took him off oxygen and he finally got the surgery without my help. The bills have been piling up, but I have not been asked to pay, yet. I am waiting for the bomb to drop. So many ways to get someones money is out there if you are gullible enough. Beware!!!!
    BTA is real, just that many use it to scam.. BTA is used in most african countries, you woun't be allowed to travel unless you have it.. just be honest and dont get scammed
    Hello everybody. I will help you find out about this people who kept promising you heaven on earth. I am in the US Army and one of my friend got scammed by this so called people who infest dating sites. I helped my friend and we got the scam artist in Lagos State Nigeria. He was arrested by the police, we got some money back from him and he was later released for some unknown reason. If you think you have been scammed, you can send me a message and I'll ask my private investigators in Nigeria to work on the case and most likely solve it for you. These guys does this for a living and they use voodoo.
    i am still looking for the son of bitch that took me for 5000 dollars, he is rial good,gives you a Louisanna address talkes to you for 2 weeks then claimes he has an arichect job in Africa, working on a restrauant has a son that is 9 names Josh leaves for africa talkes to you then tries to leave but has spent his BTA money and is stuck there with no money. i was a fool but if i can stop someone else from being lied too that is my mission, they are full of lies, his then name was charles slay, please dont believe this BTA shit.
    Prince 1 , I have been chating with a "young lady " in Lagos, Nigeria . She says she is an american wanting to come back to the states . I have sent her a large amount of money and she still wants more . Now the BTA is coming up . Is this for real ? Is she real ? Her name is Joleen Angie Stanton 14 balogun ilawe st. alapere ketu Lagos , Nigeria . Any info would be a great help. my e-mail is ericfrisz@att.net THANK YOU
    i have meet a girl who says work for unicef usa in sudan/darfur but she cant get the money i must send money to a mr kunle olasehinde in nigeria lagos the girl says she lives in hawaii her name is lola bada email is lolbadlolbadlolbad@yahoo.com sounds weird to me email me if u have got like same stories and tell Kanel_james@hotmail.com
    Yes, I have also delt with this Nick Oldies Moranda, and he is a scammer.. his email is oldies.moranda@yahoo.com and had asked me for money on several occasions. He kept sending me photos of what was supposed to be him, but was of a male model on Hawaii International model search., He kept saying that they were the ones taking his photos, man this boy can really con people when he wants.. All I want to say to everyone is, that if a person is LOW enough to ask you for money, then is a scammer. I feel any adult if able can do things on their own without asking anyone for help.. Just Watch Out Ladies, Please!!! Dont fall for any excuses.
    watch out for Christine Hinds. email hindscc77@yahoo.com.
    Says from Jacksonville. Works for UNICEF. Nurse.
    needs BTA.
    beautiful blonde.
    I consider myself an intelligent and intuitive person. I have often wondered, how people allow themselves to be scammed. Having been scammed myself, I now understand and am shamed in my previous way of thinking. I met a man on Yahoo.com and he seemed like a dream come true. He was bold and unabashed about pursuing me, which I found very refreshing. He was quick to declare his love for me and even serenaded me with love songs. Silly, I know but I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, and he picked up on it. We even viewed each other on webcams. His webcam kept breaking down and he kept it quite dark so I didn't get a very good look at him. He claims to live in California and was going to Nigeria for a "job". He claimed he won a bid online to apply the "finishing touches to a newly appointed government officials estate." Once there, he called me immediately, claiming his baggage was confiscated as contraband. He needed money to "bail" out his luggage. Like a fool, I sent the money to him, even though the employees at Walmart warned me for over 10 minutes, it might be a scam. A few days later, he again asked for money. By then, common sense set in, and I knew I was scammed. He goes by the name of Robert B. Wayne @ rob.wayne80@yahoo.com. Beware, this man is very charming but an idiot! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me! I'm glad I finally listened to my intuition.
    Tagged Scam Accounts

I give a name of a scammer Mr Kunle olasehinde Nigeria/Lagos Use Scams accounts on tagged.
    I know for sure he use this account http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5428668784 Lola Bada email lolbadlolbadlolbad@yahoo.com from Hawaii age 25 the pictures he use come from focushawaii.com model Kelina.

i even have seen other scams account with same pictures i hope Tagged delete their accounts.

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5430086442 Tina S newton falls age 30 email comehere_4me@yahoo.com

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5434663194 Nikkie T fairfeild age 27

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5435683679 Sandra J lagis nigeria age 24

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5440297025 Teresa M los angeles age 26
    I just want to add the nane of someone who has been working on me for money since 2-11-10. It has been a long and elaborate story...just too much to even go into here but there are many similarities to many of the stories here. He claims to be from Ohio, stuck in Nigeria due to his mother's death, staying with an impoverished and disabled aunt and her adopted son. I don't know what to think. Yes, he sounds so convincing but after reading what is written on this site, how does one know what is real and what is not. He is richardwilson4854@yahoo. I am really uneasy after going through the posts here. I would love to know if he is for real but I refuse to send him any money. I told him that if you really want to be with me, you will find a way. If anyone has heard of this guy, please clue me in either way. Thanks.
    OMG! AFTER READING ALL COMMENTS, IM CONFUSED IF I AMA VICTIM NOW. FIRST I RAN TO THE GUY MIKECOLE MARK COLE WHOM I IGNORED. HAVE MET 2 GUYS ALSO IN NET WITH STORIES ASKING FOR $300.00 WITH THEIR CHILDREN EVEN SENT PHOTOS.AND NOW WAS CHTTING WITH THIS GUY AGAIN FROM LAGOS WHOM I THOUGHT WAS TRUE COZ DAY/NGHT CALLING AND SMS,CHATTING USING GODS NAME. AND NOW THEY WERE ROBBED LAST NIGHT, ALL HIS VALUABLE WERE SOLD ASKING HELP. I AM IN DOUBT NOW TO HELP THEM SO I TOLD HIM TO GO AMERICAN EMBASSY FOR HELP THOUGH THERE WAS A MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING OF ALAMOST HELPING HIM WITH FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND THANK GOD,A FRIEND OF MINE FROM TRAVEL AGENCY TOLD NOT TO DO IT COZ THAT COUNTRY IS FRAUD FULL OF FRAUD SCAMMERS SO I FEEL BAD COZ IT MAYBE THAT THE PERSON I MET REALLY NEEDS HELP OR A SCMMER. CAN WE ASK THE PRESIDENT TO LOOK INTO LAGOS NIGERIA SCAMMERS AND PUT THESE PEOPLE IN JAIL? HELP THEM LORD FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THE VICTIMS. TO ALL SEEKING FOR TRUE PARTNERS, BE CAREFUL AND TAKE CARE OF GIVINGOUR YOUR FEELINGS TO ANYONE SO YO WILL NOT BE HURT EMOTIONALLY AND FINANCIALLY. WATCH OUT FOR GUYS IN WAYN.COM AND OTHER SITES MENTIPNED ABOVE.