Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Schengen visa refusal

This discussion was created from comments split from: Proof of subsistance can this be your monthly pay?.

Comments

• edited April 2
    Hi @Alethia I am a Ghanaian and I applied to the Netherlands Embassy for a conference with my CEO a month ago and with him having a travel history with the Schengen state got his approved and my application got rejected the following week for the following reasons.

1.Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided
    2. You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of intended stay or for the return to the country of origin or residence, or for transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully.
    3. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.

I provided the following documents:
    -Fully filled and signed Application
    -Conference registration and Invitation form
    -Hotel and Flight booking
    -Offer for employment (Dating 2013)
    -Introductory Letter from my work stating my need to be at the conference and how it’ll help the company
    -Health insurance covering my stay (1 week)
    -3 Months pay slips
    -3 months personal bank statement with balance of €9,250.00 equivalent
    -3 months bank statement from my employer (€42,760.00) and letter stating they are paying for my trip
    -Tax returns and company registration from my employer
    -Copy of my sons birth certificate and copy of mine as well
    -Copies of my Land ownership certificate
    -Copy of my investments and Car title document
    -Affidavit signed by my CEO stating he’s guaranteeing my return with him after the conference sealed by the court.

I don’t understand the reasons I got rejected for and I need your help on that I will like to spend my leave vacation in Spain in June so I would like to know what more I have to add to make my application more convincing
  • @bedzo

1.Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided

Reasons for this refusal
    The applicant has an existing support network of friends or family that would easily enable them to break the rules;
    A disproportionate amount of income is being spent for the visit;
    The applicant has changed stories over the course of several interactions with Schengen officials and their credibility has been damaged;
    The decision-maker cannot determine if the funds really belong to the applicant;
    The decision-maker cannot determine if the funds were obtained legally;
    The applicant has a history of prior refusals and there is no visible change in circumstances;
    The applicant's submission contains gaps or evidential shortfalls that cannot be explained;
    The applicant is going to a location where previous visa holders have entered breach;
    The sponsor has a dubious status, or has sponsored people who have entered breach;
    The sponsor attempts to attest to things that are beyond his control (like guaranteeing that the person will not overstay).

2. You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of intended stay or for the return to the country of origin or residence, or for transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully.

They believe your documents showing your funds may not be reliable, i.e. fraudulent and they dont know the source of your money

3. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.

This means the decision-maker has concluded that the application contains serious problems.
  • edited April 2
    Thank you @Alethia for the explanation. My sponsor (employer) only sponsored our Business Development Manager and his visa got approved but he didn’t breach conditions on his visa.
    My account balance or the funds in my account is my entire life savings and it wasn’t dumped into my account. I don’t know if you are aware that if an applicant submits a fake or forged document to the embassy here in Ghana it’ll be reported to the authorities immediately and An arrest will be made. They usually call the bank to verify the statement. My take home monthly is equivalent to €700.00 which reflects in my personal statements and company statement including pay slips. They still didn’t see me to be in the position to acquire the funds I had in my account ? I submitted my offer for employment from my employer which stated when my offer commenced (Since 2013) I own a land for which I submitted the certificate of ownership. What are your advices for me, I have an 8 days tour booked for June in Greece which is also a Schengen state for my vacation and I am responsible for the entire cost of the trip. How should I go about it?
  • @bedzo
    Every Schengen country share information through the VIS (visa information system)about all applicabts so matter where you apply they will be aware of your immigration/visa history.
    Last time you applied you applied to go on a conference this time its a holiday. You should show how your salary is paid into your bank plus your savings with an employers letter as well as strong ties to your home country.
    Good luck
  • @Alethia I already have all my pay slips since I got employed to this company and they all reflect in my bank statements. Do I need to show all the pay slips ?