Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Non-EU parent of EU citizen child

Hi everyone thanks for guidelines and advise. I will always be grateful because this forum helped me alot..

I'm a non eu citizen but my baby is a citizen and hold a danish passport. We both residence in Africa currently but I would like to immigrate and raise my child there. I have sole custody because her father is deceased. I tried to apply for a visit but I don't have all of the list of supporting documents required by the embassy and that's having properties or a company win Africa as proof of return for the visa.

I have a friend who would like to help from Europe and he says the state can do something if my child is really suffering in Africa. Is it possible for the state to listen to him?

Is it possible for me to process for something like a family reunion other than a visa and go for residence not visit? Can you please give me a link where I can read about my rights to immigrate to Europe with my child. I would also like to know if it's possible for me to go with my other non eu child.

Lastly my husband's living brother in Denmark isn't willing to help us because he wasn't in good terms with his brother when he was still alive. How can I do this on my own? Without supporting documents from the child's family in Europe?
Thank you

Sign In or Register to comment.