Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Passport expiry - do I need to renew my passport?

2»

Comments

• As i know You must need to renew your own passport in proper time. The expire passport is nearly equal to a invalid passport. So, you need to renew your passport as soon as possible.
  • Another pearl of wisdom from Alexander011 the robot  :D
  • I've flagged him/it several times to the mods but nothing yet. It need to be be deleted entirely.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • He has been banned.
  • By the international rules your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from your return flight date when traveling abroad. Expired passport is not a valid travel document.
  • Yourvisapro, as usual you are posting nonsense.

There is no "international rule" regarding passport validity, every individual country sets its own rules. Many do require 6 months validity, many others do not.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • edited March 2015
    Yourvisapro, your information regarding passport validity is incorrect. You cannot generalise regarding 6 months validity of a passport

The validity of passports varies from country to country and is also dependent upon what citizenship you hold.
  • Great minds indeed, haha.

Cheers,
    Terry