Scams in Lagos Africa

Comments

• edited 5:16AM
    I too have a similiar story unfortunately...My guy goes by the name of Michael Wilson and I met him on match.com. His email address is mchwilson8754@ yahoo.com. He claimed to be originally from Italy but has lived in US for 25 yrs. Said he was in Africa for work building two 5 star hotels. He said he was a widow (wife died in car accident 5 years ago) and had one son James that stays with his cousin in California. His pictures on match were of a very attractive man. There were two. After we started talking, he sent me two additional photos of himself. He sent me a dozen long stem roses after a few days of our meeting. He was very smooth.

He would email me, call me and txt me regularly. The first week was a whirlwind and I fell pretty fast into his trap. He gave me a story (won't bore you with the details) and I sent him a Macbook Pro laptop ($1400 with shipping). He said he would pay me back when he returned to the states. The day after he got it, he gave me another story (again won't bore you with details) and asked me for $7000. I told him he was out of his mind. (I knew at that moment I had been scammed) I went to match.com and sure enough his profile was gone. I too reported him although I don't expect them to do anything. A day went by and I didn't hear from him. I figured it was over. He then contacted me and we started talking again. This time I was smarter and definitely wouldn't fall for any of his lies again. I figured it was a chance for me to play with him a little. He very conveniently got his $7000 issue resolved but now said that the reason I hadn't heard from him was because he was in the hospital. He was in a car accident. He needed $850 to pay the hospital. Of course the hospital won't take anything but cash. I couldn't locate the hospital anywhere or verify anything. I led him to believe that I was going to try to get the money. He thought I was applying for a loan. He did give me the doctors cell # although I didn't call. Amazingly the doctor called me.... The doctor sounded a lot like Michael (and btw Michael did NOT sound like he was from Italy). I started questioning the doctor on things and he got irratated with me. I even caught him in a lie. For days Michael has been trying to get me to send him $850 for the hospital. He even booked a ticket on Delta airlines (he sent me the itinerary and it is legit). The ticket cost $2500 USD and according to ticket agent it is bought and paid for. I can only imagine that some poor other lady is paying for that ticket on her CRC. I believe it's a Discover card ending 5316. I questioned him about that (how he could pay for a ticket if he couldn't pay for hospital) and he has an answer for everything. (Of course I don't believe him although he thinks I do). He is desparate to get home to me he says. Of course he loves me, he wants to marry me blah, blah blah!! I am a Christian woman (he may have picked that up from match.com) and through our talks he referenced God alot. The man makes me sick!!! I'd be surprised if its all the same man and I just wish there was something we ALL could do to make these men pay.

I definitely realize I was a fool to do what I did however these men play on the hearts and kindness of others. I did what I did out of the goodness of my heart. My intentions were always pure. These men (and woman) are evil and I do not doubt for a second that they will get what they deserve one way or another. It's Kharma!! I only wish I had read these blogs before I lost $1400. It is a valuable lesson to learn for sure. I think my pride and ego are hurt more than my pocket book. I consider myself a very intelligent woman and can't believe I fell for something like this. I'm still going to play with him at least as long as I can. Turn around is fair play. I'm sure I won't be able to get anything of value from him and definitely not my $1400 back but if I can mess with him in any way I will. Who knows maybe I'll all of a sudden need money for oh let's see....my car broke down..... lol jk
    Honormyheart50@yahoo.com - Lincoln Kellerman says he is from New Mexico, but is working in Lagos. I met him on Match.com. His profile was off when we started emailing. He asked me to get on IM yahoo messenger. Has a son Keon, 6 yrs old. His wife died in a car accident and has to take his son with him to Africa because he has no relatives to keep him. He loves me and want to be with me forever, etc etc etc. I got out before he asked me for money. Watch out for Mr. Lincoln.
    Well ladies ..
    I was contacted on Match,com by a David Kowis.... unusualknight.... mrniceguy01c... gmail and yahoo im..... picture on match is very handsome man with short brown wavy hair... standing on boat, arms crossed, this guy obviously works out , massive arms and chest(would like to meet the real him!) was visiting in Akron ohio, but from Sante Fe Texas.... leaving that morning for antique buying trip to Lagos Nigeria for 2 weeks. immediately turned his profile off(because he felt I was the one) and proceeded to send me emails and yahoo Ims of his search for the love of his life, and I may be her, he wants me to be her, and all of the extremely romantic talk you can imagine... later, stating that I was the one and he wanted to grow old with me and chase me in wheel chairs when we are to old to walk.... on and on and on, in the middle of the night, day all in between his buying trips other villiages . Oh , and sex talk and how much he wanted to be with me and missing me. The whole time his Im's would be a little more scattered and words mixed up, broken english, almost like Jamaican ... He used a lot of s at the end of words..... born in Colorado, sent to boarding school at 17 to Denmark and then working in UK as Interior design.... this guy stated he was divorced and ex had had 2 miscarriages so no children.... Just on and on and on about he knew I was the love of his life, and god/christ sent me to him... called me Baby , Sweetheart , and baby boo.....My daughter had told me about this site when I mentioned this joker to her.... If it's too good to be true , it is!!!! I have played along and was just waiting for the bomb to drop about him needing money. But today I had had enough and dropped the bomb saying I didn't want anything to do with a nigerian and I was on to him... he acted indignant and of course tried to push it back on me saying I was leading him on. I told him to prove he was Davis Kowis from Texas, give me the name of his shop , of land phone # address, the name of his supposed friend in Akron.... of cource he gave me a phone # in tx that didn't work, and when I told him , he said of course it's not goingto work because he was not home.... lol.... he just continued to be pissed and said I had been lying to him about my feelings, and that i should have asked him these questions a long time ago.... then he started saying that I was just bitching.... and it was over... then he gave me his cell # and wanted me to call him and talk to him.... to make a really long scam short he got pissed and said it was over between us, lol.... what idiot! ........ scam foiled in Cleveland !!!
  • how can you allow yourslf to be fooled like dis..its better to stay away from contacts dat ask money from u..nigerian or not...most scammers in nigeria are looking for other biznesses cos d government is seriously fighting scammers thru d EFCC..a lot of people in other places pose as nigerians to scam people..be careful!
    Thank you Birdy for telling your story. I met him on match.com too. I was shocked to see your story. My experience was almost exactly what you experienced. He wants to fly into Cleveland to meet me and "be a part of my family". This guy is a sicko. Something told me to google him and this website came up. Thank you soo much for sharing your experience. I wonder what his game is? Money,rape, serial killer? Only God knows and I am glad you enlightened me. I would have been a victim if it wasnt for your story. I cant thank you enough.
    I aplogize if I offended the Nigerian people as a whole. There are dishonest people in every country, and all walks of life.... This guy has contacted me again and is begging me to take off the information I have supplied..I'm not sure if he is threatening me or not...
    I want to thank "Birdy" and "Fooled in Cleveland" for posting their experiences. I too was contacted by David Kowas through Match.com and he said the exact same things to me. I saw your comments and decided to play it how to see how far he would go before he asked for money. By the way, based on the different writing styles, I don't think this is just one person. It seemed to be at least 2 people and I suspect they're part of a Nigerian Romance scam that is getting more and more popular through dating web sites (as posted on scamdigger.com and romancescam.com). Eventually he said he was coming home and wanted to stop in Cleveland to meet me. I asked if he was going to stay with his friend in Akron and he stated that he wanted to but his friend was away in Malaysia at a seminar (another country often referenced in romance scams). When it came time for him to tell me his flight information apparently he ran into some trouble in Nigeria. He claimed that he had been scammed by men exchanging his money for Nigerian currency and that the money he received was counterfeit. He said he didn't know it was counterfeit until he tried to use it to pay the shipping company that was sending home all the "artifacts" he supposedly found for his antique shop. He said that the shipping company called the police and he was arrested. He also said that he had a hard time convincing the police that he had been scammed and that they couldn't find the men that scammed him and that the office was closed. He stayed off line for about a day and then contacted me again telling me how much he missed me and how home sick he was. I asked when he was coming back and he said as soon as he had money for a ticket. He said his lawyer was working on getting him money from his mothers Wealth account in Asia. Ya right! I suggested that he just charge his ticket to a credit card which he immediately said he didn't have any since his divorce. That's when he asked if I would help him out financially. I said no and then I never heard from him again. Ladies, and men, please be aware that this type of scam is getting more and more popular. The pictures they post as themselves are actually pictures they have gotten from people like us or hijacked from dating sites. I find it extremely upsetting that this man/men/whoever have my picture now and could be using it to scam someone else. Its sad that we have to share the world with people like these. Everyone please be on your guard!
    Be on your guard everyone - David Kowas - also known as 1Unusualknight, whiteknight01c@gmail.com, and mrniceman01c@yahoo.com has opened up his profile on Match.com again. I hope no one gets sucked into his scam!
    I am so glad that others are reading and investigating this dating scam. I questioned myself to place all the detail that I did, and I'm so glad I did.... I received several phone calls from Davis Kowis or whoever he is several days after my last message. His voice was like it was being masked and he wanted to know why I did what I did to expose him...I received one last email stating good hunting to me and take care, he had closed his account and when his subscription had eded it was ALL over..... Itold him not to contact me again and so far so good. But i think you are right, I often felt like I was talking to at least 2 different people at times.... I have closed my profile on Match but check on searches every once in a while. I see other profiles now that fit the same at David Kowis .... Long profiles looking for long lasting love.... generic information... around 47 to 52 yrs of age, looking for women 45 -60...... Ladies they are out there.... I found another one today and sent a message asking him if he's from Nigeria, just to let him know someone out there is on to him.... I have met many women in the Cleveland area who are using Match, Singlesnet, Cupid, and others that I'm sure these pigs are using... go on the interenet and read and educate yourself and then tell others.... ;)
    Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I am now in touch with 1unusualknight. I am getting ready to have some fun with him... Anyway he is back here in the Houston area. Just wanted you to know, he is now going by the name of Gabriel Smith. Also, if you are doing the online dating thing as I am a MUST HAVE WEBSITE for you to peruse regularly is called r o m a n c e s c a m .com. There you will find my posts as well as the other great people out there every day trying to rid the world of romance scammers. Anyway, you really need this website... I am getting ready to post the link of all your info on him on that site, as well as his photos. So if you have any emails, photos or phone numbers, go to that site, join and you will have a lot of help in keeping the wolves at bay.

My posts come under my nickname listed and you can see where I have already been. Good luck, don't forget RUN, get educated and help others.
    hi, (keep in mind everytime i sent money i did it western union to her aunt and one time to her cousin's bf because her cousin couldnt pick it up due to work.)
    just wanted to let u ladies know this happens to men as well it sounds like your stories but for some reason, i dont know why, but im not sure if im being scammed even though it feels like it. heres my story can u help me decide?... so i met this girl on yahoo messenger from new zealand..(she even speaks with a new zealand/aussie accent) im from hawaii. because both of us are pacific islanders i feel kind of like she wouldnt scam me because we have some very similar island traditions and attitudes... so after a couple months of us talking/dating online she asks for my number and tells me she has found a job in las vegas( where i live now) at st rose dominican hospital.she says that they are providing housing and an advance on her first check. its a real hospital i checked it out before i sent any money.she tells me she wants to start something with me up here, and that she will be flying here and has a stopoff in hawaii and that she'll keep in touch.she gives me a date and times shes going to be in hawaii and when she arrives in vegas. she says her aunt works for the airlines and can get a good price and she only needs 250 more.she says she can pay me back with her advance when she gets here. me being an idiot paid it.

day of arrival in hawaii...... several hours after she is sposed to call me, she does saying that theyre going to deport her back to new zealand because of unpaid fines or something. and that she doesnt understand why theyre doing it because she had been paying off the fines in installments... she sounds distressed and is crying and tells me her aunt has paid for most of the fines which were in the thousands and she only needs another couple hundred and that she cant leave the room to access her money so if i could pay for it. her "aunt" then txts me saying how lucky amy is to find a guy like me and that she told amy to not let me go. she calls me again and is crying saying how she doesnt want to miss out on her "new life with her new job etc." i pay again... she seems to know the time difference and is telling me when she is going to arrive in vegas. she says its going to take a couple days and she will stay with her cousin and her cousins bf. she then calls me later telling me shes a rape victim and the guys there were making her uncomfortable and if i could send 85$ because thats the difference in flight rates. she again is crying and saying she is losing it. i figured what the heck its 80$? i paid it. she sounds so happy and says she'll be in vegas tomorrow because her aunty got her a late flight.

she "gets to vegas". she calls me on time this time. says she has to go to the housing facilities they have there for international staff and they have a car for her also. i then dont hear from her the rest of the day. the next day shes in prison because she didnt have a "permit/license to drive in the usa" and she needs to pay for an exemption. she says she used her money to pay for it etc and if i could cover the balance... again in the couple hundreds...

the story is way longer but im going to cut it short. lets just say she did this a couple more times and im a sucker. and i fell for it. im down 2 grand. however i have found out she was scamming me. i have all her info down. i figured out that she and her "aunt" is the same person... i have alot of our messeges saved on my phone and computer because about halfway through i started thhinking she might be scamming me... i dont even thhink she left new zealand. however she gave me her address, phone numbers, and i have both her "aunts" email and hers. and the passwords to both because she had to tell me them for me to buy her stuff. is there anything i can do to get my money back? or am i just screwwed
    What if he choses to use some other pictures ?
  • well i knew it was a scam from strat So i told them i would rather get on a plane and come get the pup this is what they wrote me thHello
    Thank you for contacting me about my Yorkie puppies
    that i am giving out for adoption , first i will like to tell you how
    happy i am that there is someone out there that is interested in
    providing a home for them . The puppies are 12 weeks old today and i
    have had them for 8 weeks ( 2months ), they are 3.1 and 3 ibs
    and they will make a very good companion to you , they are Registered
    and vaccinated and will come along side all these documents , also they
    have a 1 year health warranty and guarantee . Pure breed puppies the
    Male named Eddie And the female Haily , have separate parents . They
    will be coming with their crates their feeding booklet.The puppies are
    Nudged , not house broken , home trained , They are Micro Chipped
    ,Hand Fed ,DNA tested and USDA
    Standard and on date with all shots and health papers needed . So all
    you will pay to have them home is the fee for their papers works and
    the adoption papers , along with ownership transfer . so for one you
    will pay $100 and both will be $200 and thats all .

So for delivery i am located in Victoria Bay(Cameroon) and that's
    where i will ship them from and that takes
    approximately 8 hours then you have them home , so i am giving them out
    over there because of my working condition and i do not have time to
    look [p to then . so all the money you are paying for this transaction
    will be
    the money for their paper works as i earlier told you because i already
    got their shipping tickets . And that is going to be $200 to have
    them both home because that's the fee for the papers .so i will only
    like to give both to the same home because they love each others
    company . so for the preparations and the shipping i will like to know
    this of you .
    1:full names

2:home address

3:state

4:city

5:phone number

6:zip code

7:nearest airport to your location

with all the required information i will be able make all
    documents and send the puppies over to your location as soon as
    ey never contacted me again
    Hi,
    This is about my nephew. He met Sandra James on Facebook. She contacted him, saying she is from Albuquerque and is very interested in meeting my nephew but oh boo hoo, she was in a car accident in Lagos, Nigeria, where she has been helping her parents in their Christian ministry and broke her leg. She was scheduled to come home (to Albuquerque) but she can't leave the country until her hospital bill have been paid. My nephew (who isn't very bright) told her he didn't have any money, but he would do everything he can do to help her get home. She has been talking to him on the phone and now says she is sure he is the man she wants to marry and can't wait to move in with him. Now she's told him she has a friend in Texas who will deposit money in my nephew's account and then my nephew will be able to send the money to her account in Lagos. I've tried and tried to tell him this is a scam, but he doesn't believe me and is sure "true love" will prevail. I'm worried about this maybe being a way to get money to terrorists. I'm have dreams of the FBI knocking on my door and seizing everything we own. Has anyone heard of her and is this just a stupid scam that could get my nephew arrested or could we possible lose everything we own? I'd appreciate any help I can get at this point.
    TELL YOUR NEPHEW TO RUN!!! THIS IS A SCAM!!!! Let him read the profiles from this site and check out romancescams.com
    and if he won't listen then I suggest if you have a joint bank acct, to get your money out immediately.. I have been studying all of these sites since my incident with the Nigerian Scammers and they are everywhere.... Match.com, Singlesnet.. facebook, Cupid.com, Plenty of fish... and the list goes on and on... I have friends who are in the police and FBI and there's not much that can be done to these scammers in Nigeria... Anything to do with Nigeria(Russian) and asking for money is almost 100% scams, that is the info I have been given per police in the Cleveland area...
    The only trouble your nephew will be in is, out of money !!! and his heart broken....
    The scam for Lewis Ficher continues!! I got the same story that gods child got only thing is I never spoke with him on the phone. Things just seemed so weird so I did some digging. I feel totally violated. I wish it was a way to get these people caught and put in jail. I hate that I gave him my phone number. I hope that loser never calls. Here is the email address he is going by now. Look out for this one. He is still using a kid named Craig as his child that lives in Alaska with his mother and going on and on about the exwife that cheated on him with his friend Johnny. I wonder if he cuts and pastes his stories to see who will bite? It just sounded so crazy so anyway I was on match and he blocked my account after initial contact and all of a sudden later he wanted to become my friend on facebook. Do you believe this loser made up an account. I think facebook should be warned. He currently only has 9 friends but he is about to be minus one!!!

From: Lewis Ficher <lficher@ymail.com> this is the latest email address that he is using. Oh yeah supposedly right now he is in Africa doing business and he will be there for two weeks. I told him via email to not ever contact me again!!!

- Show quoted text -
    MICHAEL WILSON is on the prowl again. I met him on Match.com about a week ago. He had me email him outside of Match.com website and shortly after pulled his profile. I see now that it's a bunch of copying and pasting that this guy is doing in his emails. Over the top emotional bullcrap without answering any questions. Same thing as Bubbagirl - same background story. Exact same story.

I told him to get lost, but I'm sure he'll be emailing me again from what I'm hearing on the blogs. I reported him to Match, but that doesn't seem to make them change any policies there. At least I tried.

Beware of this guy.
    "I don't know how anyone can be so bad and wicked." Is but a joke of a statement, to which I can revert by saying that I dont know how anyone can be so gullible and desperate.

I'm more saddened that you only catch a wake up call after you had basically "sold your souls to the devil" by giving them your personal contact details; and in some cases funds to inject their lazy lifestyles.

If your so-called online soulmate is too good to be true, he/she is exactly that. if he/she was such a charmer, why make use of online facilities rather than going about it the old-fashioned way.

Now stop making reference to Africans or Nigerians as scammers; as the disgraceful race here is the one being fooled.
    Has anyone met someone from the African region that was real. I have been chatting and the person doesn't ask for money, will not travel to where I am. Offered to meet there. Uses the webcam frequently. Seems genuinely nice. Been chatting for a month now. Meets online at the dedicated times and appears to do their daily activities correctly to the time differences. Is it possible that this could be a nice person just in a bad area that is over populated with the scams? Let me know what you all think.
    hmmmm, wonder what your story is?
    Me too what is the catch. So this is a she. She has asked that I speak to her Uncle before making arrangements to visit. Whats the catch. If I did go will I be robbed? I am being so cautious yet I feel that something is not right. That is why I asked if anyone met someone real. There still is no request for money. No request for anything. Just genuine chatting for hours at a time. Anymore thought? Has anyone been convinced to go there and what happened? Anyone have a story that can explain the catch here?
    If you have to wonder in the least little bit if this is a scam then it probably is..... Are there decent people in Africa ... of course... but the scams are out there... I keep watch on Match since my experience and can on any day spot 2-3 scammers from their profiles. and that's not looking through all of them. and they are on singlesnet and the other dating sites also beside ther personals. I have a ton of frineds in the police and they all say...Stay away !
    Hi,
    Same story, so far I have submited his pics to find if he is genuine or not, I haven't been found his pics where scammers take , i mean different sites, as u have said pretty words from a pretty face. I haven't given any cent, and I won't. He insists his love is real, I have to admit that he has class and good comman of the language. I didn't know about this, I thought all people were nice hahaha I know bad ones outside, the worst part is no the money they take from people, it is how they hurt, mainly woman. I will post his mail, till I am sure about his identity. Now everytime I got a mail, i trace the origin here you have the link to do it.
    http://www.iptrackeronline.com/header.php
    You only need to clik on the name of the message with the right mouse, get the IP and post on the link and you can get where it comes from. I hope it helps.
    If anybody can help me to find if the pictures are genuine or not, please let me know. I will appreciate your help
    Ha ha ha ha ha look at them crying everyone of you deserves whats coming to you your forefathers were all around Africa centuries back looking for who to cheat and scam is time for you to pay back all this let me understand judgement is here on earth you do me i do you God no go vess.
    Oh boy, these people almost got me. I listed my BlackBerry on Facebook's Marketplace yesterday, and within an hour, I had two interested buyers. I slashed the price since I really need the money. Anyway, I contacted one of the people asking about the phone, a "Shannon Moore". At first, she seemed normal, even when she said it would cost $70-80 to ship the phone to her fiance in Lagos, Nigeria. Red flag #1. Keep in mind that "Shannon" is supposedly American, but relationships like that are quite common. I told her that would bring the total cost to about $250. For some reason, Shannon agreed to pay me $250 for the phone AND send me $100 for shipping. Just like that, even though I'm selling it for the bargain price of $150. Seems to me that an American wouldn't have had any trouble. Red Flag #2. I replied again, saying that she'd misunderstood, and that everything would come to $250. We exchanged Paypal info. That's when it became crystal clear:

Hello i just want to inform you that i have made the payment.You will receive payment confirmation from pay pal via your pay pal email id,Once you have received the payment confirmation from pay pal mail out the item through USPS Express mail to this address below:

Name:young bukola
    Address:NO 8 Rafiu ipaye street Ijeshatedo
    City: surulere
    State: Lagos
    Zipecode:23401

get back to me with the tracking number once the item has been posted nice doing business with you.

An American wouldn't be this bad with the English language, or that relaxed with paying way more than the original price. It's an ID thief using a stolen card. I told "Shannon" that a friend had gotten a buyer for the phone without me knowing, and apologized, and said that I would return the money when it came. There is no pending payment, btw. I don't know if I should report the account to Facebook or PayPal.
    WOW....All of these things I read on here really did not amaze me but disappointed me. I am from Canada and I have been traveling Nigeria for the past 3 yrs now. I have lived there in Lagos in many areas. What brought me there? Scam of coarse. I had fallen in love with this guy and his pics were for real but he had first told me he was from Florida.After a few days...when they understand you are hooked then tell you that they are sorry and that they have something to tell you. That's when they tell you they are originally from Nigeria. You then believe they are amazing to at least have told you the truth. They claim they have done so because they are madly in love with you. Once that is done, they also start asking for cash as they want to go and meet with you. The money include plane ticket, passport fees (they claim not to have one yet), visa money, and so on. They then go beyond limits and also claim for other things as operation for there family or money for car fixing and so on. All of you must know something..the Nigerian population is made of of Muslims and Christians and some catholic in most part. They are very religious and these scammers go to church every Sunday. Some of them are even married and have children. The one I went to meet 3 years ago was married (even thought he had claimed his wife had died in a car accident). The wife was even living with us as he was pretending she was his cousin. The mother in law even stayed with us a couple of days pretending she was the aunty. These people can go to so much length to make us believe.He now has 2 kids and still is with the "so called cousin".
    After a year or so of foolishness on my part, I met another Nigerian through a friend in Nigeria while I was living there. It was this same Nigerian who helped me out of this scammers' grip. He was very nice and wanted to help. He immediately had told me that I was definitely being scammed. This one helped me a lot. As I was in Nigeria with my 2 adolescents and staying in a motel, bills were piling up. We were getting very close and the kids started to like him a lot. He had told me he was 35 yrs old. I did not question him as it is often hard to give black men an age. After a month of regularly seeing each other, he suggested we get out of this motel as it was too expensive. He only had a small room and it was not a secure area for us so, he then asked an aunty who lived a nice apartment if we could go and live with her. She accepted and we stayed with her. After almost 5 months relationship we were talking marriage. This guy was very nice and again he had not asked for nothing. 1 month before the marriage, he came out with the fact that he was not 35 and that his passport had been falsified for reasons that he wanted to travel to London last year and his auncle had told him to change his age as it would be easier to get a visa to travel. I went mad! His real age? He was 25..10 years younger! I took a few days to think and realized he had not scammed or asked of any money or anything of the sort. It was that same man that I had fallen in love with whether he was 25 or 35 years old. So, we got married just before my stay expired (I had to go back to Canada so I would not loose my citizenship). We had planned on doing the whole visa procedure but living a distant relationship is not the best. I went back a few months later to try and see if I could not stay with him for a while but again, money was the problem and I could not bare the cost of everything. I had to go back to Canada and find a job as my old age earnings had come to an end.
    After some time, again I tried helping him as best as I could but my earnings to support my 2 kids,my husband in Nigeria (cause he has no job) and my bills were never enough.
    My story goes on, and I don't want to go on forever. I just came back from Lagos on December 13 (stayed there for one month). Ladies, please be careful there is so much I can tell you on scam. I forgot to mention, men also be careful...no woman in Nigeria does scam. They believe men are easier to scam so they use the profile of a woman but actually it is a man behind the profile. I can assure you as I personally know lots who do it.I have seen, experienced, lived with them, had gun pointed to my head by EFCC, ate their food, washed my clothes by hand, studied the Yoruba and Igbo culture , also have learned some of the pidgin English and seen also the good side of Nigeria. I even saw on this forum the name of some of the fraudsters and I also know some of them personally. I can even tell you their real names and where they live. If anyone has any questions please let me know...you can contact me at mariecoco@hotmail.com
    I am now working on writing a book and hopefully, I can find a publisher. As I said, my story does not end here. I am still in contact with Nigeria as I now have a business there. My husband and I don't have contact anymore even if I am still married to him but I have now moved on to better things.
    Women and Men...pls be careful and do not hesitate to contact me. NOT all Nigerians are fraudster...some of them are ok but definitely you will not meet those ones online!
    Dear What2think
    "Has anyone met someone from the African region that was real. I have been chatting and the person doesn't ask for money, will not travel to where I am. Offered to meet there. Uses the webcam frequently. Seems genuinely nice. Been chatting for a month now. Meets online at the dedicated times and appears to do their daily activities correctly to the time differences. Is it possible that this could be a nice person just in a bad area that is over populated with the scams? Let me know what you all think."

You have a genuine real person and all is good. When you get to Nigeria is when things will be understood by you. Whether money or not, you are still a passport of of their country and that is the thing you have to remember. Be wise!
    Nigerian scammers don't stop when they come to our country. I was just scammed by a man who claimed to be divorced. We started dating in Oct 2010 and we would go out on weekends. Every once and a while he would ask for gas money and once asked for money to pay his car insurance. He got maybe 40 bucks off of me but I think he was leading up to alot more cause when my income tax came in he kept asking how much I got and what I had left from it. He even asked if I would have my tubes untied so we could have a child together. These men don't care who they hurt so everyone be careful. The man who told me he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me was a calculated liar who just wants money and a child to carry on the family name. I feel sorrier for his wife cause she spent alot of money to get him to this country and this is how he repays her. The worst part is is that they met cause he was scamming her and she still married him and helped him get into our country. BE CAREFUL ladies ..they aren't just online. I met him while I was out with friends. His name is Austin Ileaboy (Enahoro) was a name he had given me. His wife says he is also known as William Cole.
    The name is Austin Enahoro Ileaboya