itinerary and suggestions for Thailand, Vietnam, possibly short stay in Kuala Lumpur

edited April 2010 in Far East Asia
Hi,

My husband and I did a Thailand trip in February this year for 3 and half weeks and absolutely fell in love with it. We want to do a similar trip in 2011. We did, Singapore, Orient Express to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, then on to Koh Samui and Phuket then home.

I would like to revisit Thailand and see may be a nice island where maybe there could be access to day trips while there. Then I want to visit various places in Vietnam. So far, I've learned (from visiting forums!) that Hanoi/ Halong Bay, Ntrang and Ho Chi Minh City/Mekong Delta are the places to visit.

This time we only have 2 and half weeks to do it. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• if you have 18 day then I would like to suggest this Iti:
    Day 1 Bankkok - Saigon depend on your flight A city tour or Cu Chi tunnel can be inclusive on arrival
    Day 2 Saigon Vi sit Cu chi tunnel and Cao dai temple
    Day 3 Saigon - Vinh Long - Can tho this 2 day will offer you almost of Mekong delta in Vietnam, Local , orchards, floating markets
    Day 4 Can tho saigon
    Day 5 Saigon - Nha Trang Flight to Nha trang
    Day 6 Nha Trang It is best to do day boat tour
    Day 7 Nha Trang - Da nang - Hoi An
    Day 8 Hoi An Suggest so shopping in Hoi An
    Day 9 Hoi An
    Day 10 Hoi An - Hue Visit royal tombs, suggest take the sunrise cruise on Perume river in the morning
    Day 11 Hue or take a bike tour around Hue
    Day 12 Hue - Hanoi
    Day 13 Hanoi Best to stay in old quarter, walking around old town
    Day 14 Hanoi - Sapa
    Day 15 Sapa Cat cat Walk, Tavan over night home stay
    Day 16 Sapa Ha noi Night Train ( King Express train would be nicely and not so expensive as Victoria)
    Day 17 Hanoi - Halong Bay Cruise Over night On Halong bay, suggest www.calypsocruiser.com
    Day 18 Halong bay Hanoi
    Day 19 Flight out of Hanoi
  • depends on your hotel rates but cost of this package can be around 50 - 70usd/person/day
    most hotel you can pay from 40 - 70usd to get a fair good one.
    the best time to visit is early May as the where is all good in Vietnam and especially it starting HOTEL PROMOTION period in Vietnam
  • edited 12:29AM
    Thank you for the quick reply to my request. This has given me so may ideas. I am disappointed that the recommended time to visit is early May as I am planning my holiday for mid January early February as a break from the British winter. Also, I would like about 6 days just to do a beach break, preferably at the end of the holiday. I will look on to your website. Thank you. Any more suggestions would be very welcome!