Advice on beaches in the Ukraine

edited January 2009 in - Eastern Europe
has anyone been to the beaches in the ukraine?are they nice?
Tagged:

Comments

• edited 4:34AM
    Balaklava has a nice sandy beach, been hearing good things about the town. Odessa has lot of beaches. The best are probably Delphin (or Dolphin) Beach and Otrada Beach - the latter which you can access via cable car!
    It really depends on where you go. Some are sandy, some are rocky. Either way, the beaches are water are clean. I am, partial to Alupka.
    Ukraine offers some of the best beaches I ve been on from east to west, try Crimea or Gelesni Port as well as Odessa
    Try Crimea region. Quite nice beaches, wonderful nature and a lot of sights. West is sendy, South - rocky. But South is more interesting and active (city of Yalta is one of my favorite at the South seaside of Crimea).
    Ukraine does have really nice comfy beaches. Depends on what kind of vacation you are going to spend. The Western part of the Crimea (Evpatoria, Nikolaevka) - perfect for family vacation with the sandy beaches and shallow sea. The Southern coast is just perfect for madventures with rocky beaches and mountains' landscape.
    More info at www evpat.org
    I'd recommend you Odessa beaches, one of the best are Lanjeron (closer to the city centre), Delphin and Otrada (as already said) and Arcadia. Besides that Odessa is famous as a centre of night life, you won't find similar night clubs all over Ukraine, especially there are many night clubs in Arcadia (open-air clubs that work only in summer).
    If you need any advice about how to spend time in Odessa or find an apartment here you can address to us: rent-in-ua.com
    I M PLANNING TO VISIT THE COAST OF UKRAIN. IVE HEARD ABOUT ODESSA BUT IM INTERESTED IN A HOTEL BY THE SEE (PIED DANS L'EAU AS WE SAY IN FRENCH) ARE THEY NICE HOTELS BY THE BEACH, SOMETHING SIMILAR LIKE THE FRENCH RIVIERA? WITH A NIGHT LIFE? I DO NOT WANT TO STAY IN A BIG CITY. THANX FOR YOUR HELP