Passport validity adivce

edited May 2010 in - Jamaica
I have received conflicting advice about the validity of a UK passport for travel to Jamaica.

My daughter (5 years old) has a passport which expires on 02/12/10. We travel to Jamaica on 30/05/10.

The Foreign Commonwealth Office website and their customer service advisors have advised that the passport needs to have 6 month validity on it from the date of arrival in Jamaica, ie 30/05/10. However Thomas Cook (who we are travelling with) say that the passport needs to have 6 month validity from the end of the holiday in Jamaica, ie 13/06/10.

Do you know which information is correct? We now risk not being able to renew my daughter's passport due to the lack of time left before we travel. I would appreciate any advice you can provide.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited 3:32PM
    Hi,
    Im Travelling to malia on thew 29th june 2010 but my passport runs out on the 10th August Will i be covered to fly there ?
    Hello clairedavid
    On my point view the passport needs to have 6 month validity on it from the date of arrival.
    http://www.kanantik.com
    my passport expired in August and i have to go to Jamaica on the 01/01/12 will i be okay to travel my Aunt passed away and there isn't time to renew it.