Visa and currency in Tunisia

Comments

• edited 6:20PM
    Do you know how long it takes for visas to be issued by the Tunisian Embassy London? I am travelling on the 29th of May and i just realised i needed a visa.Do you know by any chance if they have any premium service for quicker visas?
    Little Red - you can buy your visa on arrival and if you are coming for only 7 days then it will cost TND10.000 longer than that up to 30 days costs TND35.000 and you do not have to show confirmed or onward travel tickets. However, the Dinar is a closed currency and you cannot get it out of the country and the visa counter only accepts dinar, so they will take your passport, allow you to pass through immigration into the arrivals hall where you can change cash or withdraw from atm. Make sure you have the exact change as they can never 'find' change for you!!! It can take a little while so you need to keep popping your head into the window to find out where your visa is. I hope you have a great time here in Tunisie!!
    Gejsi - I am sure they will have a premium service however, if you are travelling on a British passport you do not need a visa..........you will be given 3 months visa free! However, if you are another nationality you should check with the Tunisian embassy for exact requirements.
    Hi Lollipop: The dar khayam Hotel is Brilliant, for all ages. the animation team have been there a long time and are so friendly and helpful, also entertainment is on day and night, food is great too!

Rosie.
    Hi. I'll be visiting Tunisia next week. I have a South African passport, is it possible to aquire a visa on arrival?

Best regards,

Rob
    Rob - you can get your visa on arrival at the airport
    I have Kenyan Passport, do I need to apply for Visa before I travel or can I get it on Arrival at the Airport
    @Jay: Unfortunately, you'll have to organise a tourist visa BEFORE arriving in Tunisia, Jay. Get in touch with your local Tunisian embassy to find out what forms and documents you'll need.
    Iam zimbabwean holding a United Kingdom Travel Document and iam going to tunisia and just found out i need a visa can i obtain one on entry.please reply asap
    thanks in advance
    @imii: Hello. What do you mean by "United Kingdom Travel Document?" If you are referring to a British PASSPORT, then you don't require a visa for stays of up to 3 months in Tunisia. However, if you are referring to a British VISA (i.e. you have a Zimbabwean passport), then you WILL require a visa to enter Tunisia. Unfortunately, you will have to organise this visa BEFORE you arrive in Tunisia -- you can't get it on arrival.

Hope this helps!
    Hello

I am citizen of Republic Georgia and I am going to travel Tunis next month for 1 month to visit friend as tourist.
    Can I get visa on arrival in airport?

Thank you

Sincerely
    Maka
    Maka - if you are travelling on your Georgian passport then you MUST have your visa before you arrive. You should get in touch with your nearest Tunisian embassy for this and to get the information you need in regard to documentation.
    Lesley
    As I found if I will have hotel booking I can get visa in Tunisan airport on arrival ..
    i ,as an Taiwaness passport holder, want to travel in Tunisia on Dec. 2011.Can i get VIsa when i arrive?
    Guest - as a Taiwan passport holder you will need a visa before you arrive. This is the advice I have however you should check with your nearest Tunisian embassy for up to the minute information
    hi al travelling to tunisia next week and am wondering to get into the country do u just need ur passport? mine a uk one. do u need show proof of medical or travel insuance and also will they let u in if u have court conviction got fined some money back 10 years ago. please help thxs
    cheeks - of course you need a passport!! All countries require those entering to have passports or travel documents of some sort. As you are travelling on a UK passport you will be given entry visa free for up to 3 months. You do not need to show proof of anything but you should have at least some travel insurance in case your luggage goes missing or you are sick and need medical services. Like other countries, Tunisia has a computerised system for entry and if your conviction is registered they may question you but I doubt it. Should be fine.
    Hi Lesley, both your email address and website in your signature don't work. Would you like me to change that for you? Please drop me a line!

Regards, Dave (Admin)
    Hey David - I've lost your email along with mine!! Changing everything at the moment. Can you email me at lesley.khedhiri@hotmail.com? Thanks
    Hi there, I'm a South African passport holder and would like to go to Tunisia in around 3 weeks time for a holiday. After reading your posts I decided to call the Tunisian Embassy in London (as I live here) to make doubly sure I would be able to get a visa on arrival and was told that I would need to apply for a visa before I arrive and it takes 2 weeks to process. When I asked how long ago this had changed I was told around 2 years ago. Please can someone clarify, I am very confused as EVERYTHING I have read on the net says I can get a visa on arrival. Thanks so much.
  • edited November 2011
    @Judi - South African nationals get a visa on arrival in Tunisia. See our visa page for more info: http://www.wordtravels.com/Travelguide/Countries/Tunisia/Visa

Are still a RSA citizen with a ZA passport? If so, you get your visa for 3 dinars when going through immigration.
    Judi - the latest information I have is that you must have a visa prior to arrival. Right now we are having a lot of things changing including visas, immigration, customs etc, so in order to ensure that you are granted entry I would definitely get your visa before you arrive
    Hi,I have confernce presentation in Tunisia..But still i could not get the visa from the embassy..Confernce Mangement told me that we will provide you visa at tunis air port.They said for sure You ll get visa from the airport if you are having our accptance /invitation letter with you on the air port and no matter about your nationality.I have concern that Can i fly without visa from UAE as I am a national of Pakistan and having a residence visa of UAE?Please guide accordingly.
    Tassawer - this is information from Immigration Tunisia : unless you have the below I'm afraid that you will need to have a visa prior to your arrival:

"For a stay up to 3 months by holders of diplomatic or special passports issued to nationals of Belgium, Benin, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Pakistan & Thailand"

It doesn't matter where you live, what residencies you may have it depends on the passport you travel with.
    I'm South African, but im living in belgium and i gave an belgium ID card...if i was to travel to Tunisia should i need a visa? And if so how much does it cost and can i get a visa after arrival in Tunisia ?
    Sammy - yes you will need a visa. You need to have this prior to your arrival, however you can check the Tunisia embassy website for up to date information. I'm not sure of the costs however as an indication 30 days is usually around TND35.000
    hi i'm from Mexico & i want to stay in Tunisia 1 month so may i know if i need Visa or no?? please help!!
    hey i'm from Mexico too n i wanna stay in july n i'm confused if i need the visa or no .....but also i wanna if i could get it when i arrive in airport or before travel ???????? help help help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roberto and G...........as Mexican passport holders you must have a visa prior to arrival into Tunis. Please contact your nearest Tunisian embassy for information about applying and the cost.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler