Advice on what areas to stay in for a 2 week visit to Tunisia

edited June 2010 in - Tunisia
I am going to Tunisia for the first time on a 2 week holiday. I would like some advice on where best to stay for a week on the coast to get nice beaches, good food and interesting local places to go out to in the evenings for drinks/markets/strolls etc. And for the 2nd week we want to move around a bit and see some other sights.
I have read a lot about Tunis and Hammamet - which would be nicer to stay at for the week?
Also, any restaurant recommendations would be great!!
Many thanks
Gemma

Comments

• edited 1:09PM
    Hi there Gemma,

Tunis is our capital but I can't really recommend this as a beach holiday, it's crowded, loud but does have lots to do and see however, Hammamet is a very lively but touristique area with lots to see and do. I can also recommend Sousse which is not far away but has a fantastic medina. If you are looking for gorgeous beaches then take a look at Nabeul or Mahdia. Wherever you see Tunisians eating is good!!

I hope you will enjoy your vacation here
    I'm Sammy from the United Kingdom and i'm going to Tunisia also for my 5th times ... i would like to know if the rent in Hammamet yasmine still between (35DT and 60 DT) thank you
    Sammy - do you mean a hotel night rate or do you mean an apartment rate?
    Yeap sure For an appartement.... my reservation is already done in NAHRAWESS HOTEL situated in the north of hammamet from (1st Aug 2010 till 10 aug 2010) but i just wanna be there before .. .to have more fun..
    well, I want to rent a house before gettin to the NAHRAWESS HOTEL .... You got me now?

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler