Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

visas for France

edited August 2010 in - France
I am travelling on a Canadian passport with my wife, who is Mexican, on a Mexican passport. Does she need a Visa to enter France?
Do we need a certificate of health to enter?


  • edited August 2010
    If you are visiting the European territory (Schengen area) of France, and you are holding a passport from another country adhering to the Schengen Agreement, you do not need a visa for what is termed a 'Short Stay'. A short stay is limited to less than 90 days in a 6 month period. CANADA and MEXICO are both countries which adhere to the Schengen Agreement.
    You do not need a visa, and there is not health certificate requrement to enter France at this time. For more detailed info, and to keep up with the regulations until your date of travel, please check the France Diplomatie website at:
Sign In or Register to comment.