Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Ethiopian Visa

edited September 2010 in Visa and Passport
I plan on doing a cycle trip from Cape to Cairo next year.
Is it possible to get a visa for Ethiopia when I enter the country by road? I have a South African passport.
If not is it still possible to get a visa for Ethiopia from the Ethiopian embassy in Nairobi? as I have heard this is not possible anymore.
Are there any Ethiopian embassies in Malawi or Tanzania?
Tagged:

Comments

• All countries require travelers to have a valid passport (with a minimum of 6 months validity). Please note that upon arrival by air to Addis Ababa, nationals of some countries can obtain a visa for approximately US$50. There is often a queue for this. Please do your research before traveling. This information is accurate at the time of writing. Though as fees and policies can change, we highly recommend that you contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up to date visa requirements, or see your travel agent.

Visa requirements

Visa is required for all visitors to Ethiopia and they can get from Ethiopian diplomatic mission abroad, visitors from the countries listed below can obtain visa on arrival at Bole International Airport(Addis Ababa): Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, china, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea Republic, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, South Africa , Spain, Sweden, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, and US.