Do I need Schengen Visa

I'm visiting the UK in December. During my stay I want to travel to the Netherlands. Do I need a Schengen Visa if I have a UK Visa?

• edited 12:29AM
    Yes you do. Your UK visa is not part of the schengen deal.
    Hello Nadia,

It might not be needed for you to get a Visa after all. You have not given enough information to answer that question to the fullest. But I'll post a list of countries that DO need a Visa if their stay is under 90 days.

For David,

You're right that the United Kingdom isnt subject to the laws governing immigration concerning the Schengen area. I just do not see how you can boldly state someone needs a Visa if you don't know what country's passport the person is holding.

(Dutch Citizen)

The List:
    I am from South Africa and am planning to stay with a friend in Holland over the period 17June to 07 July 2012. Do I need a Schengen Visa to travel to the UK, if yes can I get it that side and at what cost. We are planning to stay about 1 day on that side.

The UK is not part of the Schengen Zone, so if you want to travel to the UK you'll need a UK visa, as well as a Schengen visa for Holland. You can apply for one at your nearest British Consulate in South Africa.