Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Getting a visa to Australia with USA

edited December 2010 in - Australia
I am a Jamaican. I live in Fort Worth Texas. Where in Forth Worth can I go to obtain an Australian visa? I have a Jamaican passport.


  • edited 10:26PM
    There is an Australian Consulate in Houston:

    4623 Feagan St
    Houston, TX 77007
    (713) 782-6009
  • edited 10:26PM
    For all those wanting to know which passport holders are eligible for an ETA Australian Visa, as opposed to a paper visa, I've put together a list of eligible countries for Australian Visas. If your country is not on the list, such as Jamaica, then you will need to follow DavidF's advice and talk to an Australian Consulate as you'll likely need to file paperwork and obtain an actual paper visa. Otherwise, an ETA electronic visa is all you need. (And it's heaps cheaper!) Hope this helps Zoegirl! Safe travels.
  • edited 10:26PM
    We are US citizens and reside in Dallas, Texas. We are taking a trip to Sydney, Australia and will be in Sydney from November, 25, 2011 until December, 5, 2011. Will we need a Visa and how do we get one?

    Thinks in advance,

  • edited 10:26PM
    Hi Bob,
    So you can obtain a visa through the immigration office of Australia or online through a specialist such as my company. I'll let you be the judge on what's best, but it's typically cheaper to use an online specialist. Just so you know, it will take about 1 day (at most) and is completely electronic. You do not require a traditional paper visa when traveling to Australia, as their system is electronically processed and stored. Here is a full list of other countries that are eligible for an electronic Australian Visa.
Sign In or Register to comment.